replacment bulb for trunk thats brighter and licence plate light too

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
So any one know of an easy to change bulb for the trunk and license plate that's brighter LED etc? i was also looking into a purple light for the plate.

thank you ..

Brighter than LED? I don't think there is such a thing. Not all LEDs are created equally....if you want an LED that is bright you are going to have to buy from a reputable place and be ready to spend some $$$.

You can also be pulled over for colored lights. Just be aware.

i used to have red on my saleen mustang never got pulled over. this was in 88-98 when i owned it.
ron v just commented above your post saying he's been pulled over "plenty" of times for this in california. Do what you want.

It is illegal in all states to display red, blue or green external lights.
these will fit the 2013 civic trunk and plate lights?
Cree LEDs are just a type of LED. Look for a wedge type, or 194, Cree LED bulb. I believe that is the bulb type for the trunk and license plate.

Last edited:
California law:

Either the taillamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear license plate during darkness and render it clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear.

It is illegal in all states to display red, blue or green external lights.

Cree LEDs are just a type of LED. Look for a wedge type, or 194, Cree LED bulb. I believe that is the bulb type for the trunk and license plate.
these do have their own housing?

Back