rev

luis quintino

Elgin Illinois
Vehicle Model
honda civic
Body Style
si
Hey guys I have a question this is my fist 2013 honda civic si sedan i had.couple days a go I decided 2 hold the clutch and pres the gas pedal was goin to fo a lunch and for some reason it stop at 4500 rpm and sound like it has a 2 step! ? Car is bone stock haven't got anything done to it it even does it when is a neutral

Ok sorry for the dumb question so it won't effect the car wen I do a launch on the car cuz wen I rev it stops at 4500rpm n sounds like a mini 2step some guy was telling me tht not all newer si have this!? Tell me if his wrong lol

If you dump your clutch at 4500 you'll be just spinning your tires. Why would you need it to go higher than that at a launch?

Ok sorry for the dumb question so it won't effect the car wen I do a launch on the car cuz wen I rev it stops at 4500rpm n sounds like a mini 2step some guy was telling me tht not all newer si have this!? Tell me if his wrong lol

Cant speak for all cars but I know my R18 does it as well...

ote="webby, post: 292073, member: 1"]If you dump your clutch at 4500 you'll be just spinning your tires. Why would you need it to go higher than that at a launch?[/quote]
If you dump your clutch at 4500 you'll be just spinning your tires. Why would you need it to go higher than that at a launch?
Idk thts why I'm askin sorry for been so dumb at this things lol so u telling me tht I don't need to rev tht high to do a launch. Damm this guy was telling me tht was good but I only did it one time I wasent to sure about this.

My 2012 Si didn't come with any launch limiter, I think that started with 2013. I do know that you can change it to whatever you want in flashpro

My 2012 Si didn't come with any launch limiter, I think that started with 2013. I do know that you can change it to whatever you want in flashpro
Yes , you are correct. My 13 did it , before flashpro. Now its been lowered to 3200 rpm. It doesnt sound as good but it is better for my launches at the track.

The 2013 and 2014 Si has a rev limiter at 4500 rpms when you are in neutral and stopped. Its there to prevent damage to your engine as freewheeling it can damage it. The 2012 does not have this feature and instead will rev to fuel cutoff which is 7200 rpm.

I own a 12 Si and never payed attention to the rev limiter until I installed bolt ons and flashpro. I thought there was something wrong with my car after bolt ons when I tried to rev it up. I just dont know if it started before or after FP.

Hey all I was wondering if any of you could give me tips on launching my 2014 si. Had a couple of friends tell me a couple of different things but just cant seem to get it. Thanks

Back