RPF1 help

didnt look at it that way. thanks for that view on it ! now i just need to decide on the 17 or 18 inch and tires haha

which offset would be better

I don't think anyone cares if it's a 8"
Or 9" wide wheel. It's more about making sure he realized the 8" and 9" rpf1s look vastly different in spoke design. I know a lot of 8th gen owners were upset when they got 8" wide. They didn't realize the look changes on the 9". 8" spokes bubble out where as the 9" doesn't. The 8's make the rim look much smaller on the car as well.

8"
image.jpg

9"
image.jpg

Not many other wheels change looks like that going up in width.

i like them both! i understand the difference and the pic of them on that type r look really good for the 8's. 195/50 is that a track tire?

i should take into consideration that the 17 incher will probably look more small on a 14 sedan.

i actually love the wheel fitment and the way the car sits. these are 17x8. almost makes me regret getting the alabaster silver. thinking im gonna aim for this setup!

12424029734_ee41c041da_b.jpg

i decided 17x8 35mm offset in black like in the pic above.
my last question is what will be the best tire sizes for daily driving and to avoid rolling ?

im going to get a high performance all season tire. I ordered ksport coilovers since they are the first company that has them out for a 2014 si and im excited! going with the 8s so i can run the buddy club brakes in the spring.

the photo above is running on the stock tires from a 2013. doesnt look bad in my opinion

any help appreciated from you guys!

i decided 17x8 35mm offset in black like in the pic above.
my last question is what will be the best tire sizes for daily driving and to avoid rolling ?

im going to get a high performance all season tire. I ordered ksport coilovers since they are the first company that has them out for a 2014 si and im excited! going with the 8s so i can run the buddy club brakes in the spring.

the photo above is running on the stock tires from a 2013. doesnt look bad in my opinion

any help appreciated from you guys!
You've probably already bought your tires at this point, but you could run either 215/45/r17 or 225/45/r17's with no issues. I really like the look of 225's from the back of the car. :)

i actually did make my decision and ordered on friday

17x9 45mm offset in black because of the sale i got. No tires though. i have the rest of the fall and winter now to pick a tire and get them mounted also get the fenders rolled.

i have the coilovers. once winter ends i will do it all at once. wish i could run the buddy club brakes still but oh well.

You shouldn't have to roll any fenders with a 45 offset.

on a 17x9 45 mm i should be good (this would be great if i didnt have to roll)? what size tire would go better on that wheel if anyone can help.

225 or 235 tire would avoid stretching tire. I have no idea what you're after. Some people run 205 tires on 9" wide rims & stretch tires. 205 posted below

9.0_205_40_R17_10.jpg

i do not want stretch. i dont want to worry about destroying my wheel or compromising safety. but then again i dont want a huge tire.

I want to fill the wheel gap nice while not going crazy low and not causing rubbing if that makes any sense haha

picky i guess

The smallest I would run on a 9" is a 225. Even that is a very slight stretch. I don't know how close the +45 will be to the strut and I'm unsure if the tire will contact it in the front. It's possible you may need a spacer but a 3mm can be safely used with the stock studs. I don't remember seeing anyone on the +45 with a wide tire post if they had issues or not.

Id say to run a 235/40 tire.

resurrecting this post from the dead. back in october i ordered the 17x9

i dont regret ordering them but at times i think maybe i should of went with the 18x9 since i have a 2014.

either way i am still on the fence with the 225 or 235s, when i order the tires i will most likely order 3mm spacers for insurance if they hit the suspension with the ksport coils.

it is a tough decision on what to do. just hoping i wont need to roll fenders.

even with 45mm offset on 17x9? i know i may need 3mm spacers for the inside but i cant get away with no roll on 235s?

Back