Rt 17 Starbucks Meet (NJ)

Of course. I only used those places as an example of the size of a place needed to actually properly and safely have a meet of the size of the one in parsippany

Meet tonight at the usual Starbucks spot

candice wats up i just saw your guys convo haha. i was being nosy :tongue:
sorry you guys couldn't find parking space. and btw even tho you guys couldn't stay thanks for coming out.
and yes it was ridiculous that night. the week before that was insane we expected last weeks meet to be the last for that place.
I actually had permission from the property manager, applebees, subway and McDonald. all 3 places was making a lot of money. *subway stayed open till about 12am every Thursday*
it pretty much got shut down because it got way too pack in there. the parking lot holds up to 2000 cars according to property manager. the back loading docks were filled with like 200 cars.
and by 9:30pm there is no way you can find a parking spot. it was just insane. its my own meet and i got there at 8:45 and didn't have parking my damn self lol
only reason it really got shut down because there was 1 ***hole fighting with a cop, people trying to go to pathmark complaining that they cant come in.
and a detective told me that traffic was also backed up half a mile with people trying to come in still. its just all a mess. it was starting to be a fire/emergency hazard if there is one to happen. it was pretty much for safety of eveybody.

but again i just want to thank you guys for trying to support and come out. wish i had a chance to see you guys.
but we are planning to have one more big meet like last weeks of coarse with permissions and a bigger lot.
and we are also planning a car show.

ps. ill be stopping by the starbucks one of this weeks. i was trying to tonight but im gathering up my friends at parsippany to plan the next event :brock:

No need to apologize for the poor behavior of others. You and your group of friends that came by that night were great people. Some of the people at the Parsippany meet, not so much (although I know there were genuinely nice people there too). We were pretty excited to check it out since even people I went to High school with and haven't seen in years wound up going. I can attest to the traffic being backed up so bad (we were stuck in it on both sides of 46). If you are gonna try to do another meet just remember, it's not always about quantity but more quality. Tons of cars are great but unfortunately you get a bunch of ***** with the more cars you have. It has happened to us at the Starbucks meet. we had people nearly slam into our car trying to do an e-brake parking job next to us and people racing around the lil section we meet at and doing burnouts and nearly hitting people. The reason our meet isn't gigantic is because well, A: the spot is too small and B: we wound up having to kick so many people out because of the lack of compliance with the rules and just general respect for others. I have a great location for a huge car meet but it's for more of a daytime meet/show. It's where we had our Kickball Meets and the first 8th Civic Fest. If you'd like I can help you with a location and such if you want a bigger spot for a daytime meet. Looking forward to seeing you and possibly your buddies at one of the future meets.

Also, there is a pretty large meet held in Staten Island on Tuesdays (if I remember correctly). You'd probably enjoy it. You can always caravan down with us to it when we go.

yes we can all talk one day.
its just the past 4-5 weeks its been big and nice. no reving no music no burnouts no a**holes.
but yet it got so big we can only do so much. and by that time all the bikers and the tough guys was just doing they thing.
looking forward to seeing you guys too. and your right its always quality over quantity. you know what it is.
it started with that west coast meet.
cuz this meet was only like 10 cars the most. me and my friends and i just decided to put it out on fb that one day. with a day notice i had 1000 cars and it just all started from there

Yeah, it's not easy once stuff blows up like that. Happened with Ave P, Daramus Ave, Edgewater, etc. Happens all the time. Some people just have no respect and **** on the rules put in place to make sure everyone can have a good time. I wish there was a way to scan people as they came in for being douche bags lol

lol for real! we collected some donations for parsippany pd and they were really happy. they told us they didnt really care but it just got too many people. and they cant handle it lol

Lol They would have had to call the horse/riot patrol if any more people tried to squeeze in there

The weather seems nice enough to have a meet tonight guys and gals. Anyone is welcome to join us tonight at 9

High 80s right now. Last week it was 96 degrees at 11pm. We were all drenched in sweat but it was still a good time.

Gene's not feeling well so we don't think we will make it. There are at least a couple others who may still go. Just updating everyone

current heat index - 111 degrees / dew point of 68 /

4b6zC.sized.jpg

That's what it feels like on our 2nd floor...I went to go feed my lizard and nearly died from the heat. It's been so hot up there that the lizard's heat lamp has been off

We will be having our weekly meet tonight at 9pm. All are welcome to join =]

Me too. It's been a while since. It's been too damn hot and humid lately

It was a pretty good turnout. Small but a great group of people.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543040.743537.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543051.661430.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543063.059807.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543079.516104.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543092.346103.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543106.127756.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543020.828057.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341543020.828057.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 2
A couple members here with 8ths came and 1 member with a 9th came.

Back