Rusty CALIPER, warranty claim?

you have another dealership you could visit? Not sure what's local to you

Yeah thinking of that. Man what a pain driving around wasting my gas and time, not sure what if anything another dealership may say?

Well Corporate called and said they'll call me back in 2 days after they talk to dealership. Wow just either say you'll fix it or not so I can do what I need to do to move on with it.

well, that's huge that they called! I wrote a dealership to see if they could give me some info on your situation/advice. I'll see what they say.

well, that's huge that they called! I wrote a dealership to see if they could give me some info on your situation/advice. I'll see what they say.

Wow man that's AWESOME. That was really nice. What a good place we have here where you can come and get help/advice. I guess nice people still do exist!!! :)

Well customer relations didn't do anything for me, in fact they lied to me and said they called my dealer and said since you dealership service manager called his district manager and they felt it was normal we have no choice but to not do anything further. When I called dealership back service manager said he never heard from customer relations!? I tend to believe him more so than customer relations cause the person I spoke with was very rude and didn't care what I had to say just kept saying over and over again "I'm sorry sir" So at this point I'm stuck with a shitty looking caliper. Service manager said he felt bad and that he would cut me some slack on new caliper and labor. I decided to call him back and work out a deal to have all 4 calipers removed and take them to a shop to have them powder coated to prevent this from happening again. He said he'd do the labor only charge would be for me to pay for powder coating. I find this hard to believe that he wouldn't charge labor but well see, by this time Monday I should have all 4 calipers looking better than new, hope all goes well, a little nervous them tearing apart my brakes!!!

Well customer relations didn't do anything for me, in fact they lied to me and said they called my dealer and said since you dealership service manager called his district manager and they felt it was normal we have no choice but to not do anything further. When I called dealership back service manager said he never heard from customer relations!? I tend to believe him more so than customer relations cause the person I spoke with was very rude and didn't care what I had to say just kept saying over and over again "I'm sorry sir" So at this point I'm stuck with a shitty looking caliper. Service manager said he felt bad and that he would cut me some slack on new caliper and labor. I decided to call him back and work out a deal to have all 4 calipers removed and take them to a shop to have them powder coated to prevent this from happening again. He said he'd do the labor only charge would be for me to pay for powder coating. I find this hard to believe that he wouldn't charge labor but well see, by this time Monday I should have all 4 calipers looking better than new, hope all goes well, a little nervous them tearing apart my brakes!!!

Sounds good to me ........... as many brakes as they work on I wouldn't worry about it..................... NOW...... What colour ?

Silver, black, gun metal grey, thought of red, leaning toward gun metal grey since Si is PMM? Don't want anything flashy or rice. Want to retain stock look. What you think?

Sounds like you got a bit of the run around, which doesn't surprise me. On the other hand, it looks like they're still working with you. As for being worried, what monk said. With the car on a lift, they can have your calipers off in a matter of a few minutes. Now to decide the color!

Sounds like you got a bit of the run around, which doesn't surprise me. On the other hand, it looks like they're still working with you. As for being worried, what monk said. With the car on a lift, they can have your calipers off in a matter of a few minutes. Now to decide the color!

Thanks Webby and Monk for relieving a little worried stress, just don't like my car fiddled with by the dealership or anyone for that matter. I appreciate what you've done Webby you've gone above and beyond what I would expect to be normal help on a forum. Good to know I got a home to come to for answers. Thanks:)
Color, I was thinking silver or gun metal grey? Black or red crossed my mind? Just don't want it to flashy? Should keep it stock looking!? Not too sure yet?

yellow from Blimpcity
img_8587-jpg.2692

red

w18.sized.jpeg

wheel18.jpg

I know I've seen black on other civics, but I don't know if I've seen any 9th gens do it here.

TeeEyeVany did his to match his factory paint color -
5_zps47197b6f.jpg

options are endless lol

Cool thanks for the ideas. The guy I'm taking them too said there's tons of options. Red may be ok, may be a bit bold for me? Silver was really first choice until he said he had gun metal grey, I think that would look really good with PMM!? I'll see what my options are tomorrow, just sucks being stuck without a car over the weekend. Be glad when this is all behind me and I can get her clay, seal, and waxed. Love coming out from the gym or work and seeing my car just BEAD!!!

If you're looking for things to be less "flashy" gunmetal would probably look great with pmm. I'm sure black would also look good. Silver would probably look almost oem, as if you never had anything done to the calipers. Nothing wrong with that, if you're just looking to stop future rust & want things to look basically stock.

black below- obviously not something very noticeable like blue/red/etc.

bl.png

Silver, black, gun metal grey, thought of red, leaning toward gun metal grey since Si is PMM? Don't want anything flashy or rice. Want to retain stock look. What you think?
I would get silver.
If you want something that's not flashy, the silver is definitely the way to go. However, I don't think red would be flashy and would give a nice contrast on the PMM. Black would look sharp as well. I wanted a distinct contrast on my Rallye Red which is why I went with yellow, but yellow would definitely look silly on PMM (as I'm sure many would say on RR as well).

If you want something that's not flashy, the silver is definitely the way to go. However, I don't think red would be flashy and would give a nice contrast on the PMM. Black would look sharp as well. I wanted a distinct contrast on my Rallye Red which is why I went with yellow, but yellow would definitely look silly on PMM (as I'm sure many would say on RR as well).

Are yours painted or powder coated?

From what you've suggested............ I'd match paint it to the colour of the car. (If PMM is the colour of your car, than excuse the redundancy).
As cars get so technical it's hard to do our own work....... but the good side is it requires better trained mechanics to do the job, so is less likely to have unskilled labor.

Back