RV6 2012+ Civic Si Bellmouth Downpipe

The Vibrant header for the 8th civic had a catted version that lost 6-8 hp versus the uncatted, so I wouldn't be surprised if the catted version of the rv6 and ultimate racing downpipes acted similarly.

sorry bout that, I was laughing at the fact that these hp differences are nothing. If you have the money we should all opt for the catted version. I used to run full catless on my accord and the smell gets to you. specially on stop n go traffic when the air reaches your open windows lol

Last edited:
sorry bout that, I was laughing at the fact that these hp differences are nothing. If you have the money we should all opt for the catted version. I used to run full catless on my accord and the smell gets to you. specially on stop n go traffic when the air reaches your open windows lol
Yeah I guess I chose catted mainly for the lack of bad smell,plus from what I read it should be a bit quiter.If I had read that there was a 6-8 hp difference I most likely would have gone catless and put up with the smell and extra rasp.For a couple HP it's just not worth it to me though.

It all boils down to personal opinion..Ive run catless on many of my cars and never been bothered by it. My buddies 8th gen is catless and the smell doesn't bother me. Maybe its because im used to being on motorcycles that dont run cats...

I'd say that it's 10000000x worse for the people behind you than being in your own car. On the dragon cruises it was always bad to be caught in the back of the pack if someone was catless in front of you.

^ I noticed it kept away tailgaters. I personally didn't find it to be that bad, but I'm used to diesel fumes from engineering big red trucks

Finally got the catted RV-6 down pipe with Full Race exhaust installed about 2 weeks ago(600 mikes). It sounds great.
The weather has been terrible,so only a few chances to open it up, you can feel the mid range gain in torque and speed right away.
The quality of the down pipe is unbelievable. Rich@rv6 has put some serious care into his work. Quality metal work.
I went with catted because of the smell and pollution. I'm plan on having the car for awhile and I'm not losing that much in power.

Yeah I guess I chose catted mainly for the lack of bad smell,plus from what I read it should be a bit quiter.If I had read that there was a 6-8 hp difference I most likely would have gone catless and put up with the smell and extra rasp.For a couple HP it's just not worth it to me though.

very true, i was obsessed with hp and i always said even 1hp makes a difference but i forgot it was my dd so that thought faded away quickly lol

I could post some cruisin' vids soon after I'm tuned up. Didn't take any pics of the part.
:spazface: Worthless. Weathers crap, I'll get some pics when I get it raised up in a few hundred miles to make sure everything's staying tight.

Sorry guys! Been moving, finally got my inter web back.
Its my first exhaust, so I dont have another point of reference. At low speeds and high gear it was loud in the cabin when you gas it. Regular driving not bad at all. Highway driving wasn't deafening but noticible in the background for sure, even if you have your stereo (stock) up to 25-28.
I got used to it, the lady didn't seem to mind either. That's the ultimate test, right ? Lol
It seems better/smoother now since I've been working on a tune with Vit. Definitely get a tune if you are adding any exhaust system based on my experience.

for my 2031 si sedan im getting ready to buy a rv6 downpipe and i currently have a invidia n1 cat back on my car, and it bolted straight to the stock downpipe no problem and the rv6 bolts to the stock b pipe no problem so they should both fit together right?

for my 2031 si sedan im getting ready to buy a rv6 downpipe and i currently have a invidia n1 cat back on my car, and it bolted straight to the stock downpipe no problem and the rv6 bolts to the stock b pipe no problem so they should both fit together right?
Yes they will bolt together

Back