Scan tool won't connect plus much more...

When I first rebuilt the car it had new keys and immobilizer, without them programmed the car would run for 2-10 seconds and then stall. So I don't think that is it. With the new ecu installed and not programmed the car wouldn't run at all, that is what I expected. I just expected the scan tool to connect.

Purchasing the Honda manual is going to be your only option to get any proper diag tips with why your DLC connector wont communicate. You may be able to pull up something online but nothing is going to give more in depth info than Honda themselves. Start there and move on. Other brand scan tools no matter what company all have a generic scan tool software that is just loaded on the same laptop. I't usually wont give much use of functions, not much better than your average hand held generic scan tool (depending on how much you spend). Programming the ECU I could only imagine is going to take a factory scan tool. So it seems regardless your DLC connector is the ultimate task at hand. I may have asked this but i'll ask again, what made you think a flood title car is going to be cheap? Lol, I mean that sincerely but the truth is the variables water brings to a car is astronomical.

Cheapest best thing to do right now would be to get a the Honda factory manual and research. It should tell you what each pin is and how to test the Can Bus to see if the signals are being lost to/from the ECU. Plus much much more. That's my 2cents

Anyone knows how this issue was solved I'm having the same problem with a civic lx 2013 AT
Same here. 2012 civic, It's not a flood car. However last summer it started leaking water onto the floor on both the passenger and driver's side. I thought at 1st it was maybe coming from the air conditioner so I replaced the cabin filter and then I had the oil change place blow out the drain lit's drain line for the AC and it wasn't clogged. I quit using the air conditioner and the leaking quit temporarily.

meanwhile, my sunroof quit closing completely... it stays in tilt position . So after several weeks of not leaking from the air conditioner I thought, we gotta big rainstorm and it leaked a lot, like a 1/2 a gallon of water by the way, after each leak, I would soak it up with towels, place a small desk fan in it and then open the door had it facing the sun.

So to recap, when it 1st started leaking,we had no rain for a couple of months and I assumed the air conditioner and I quit using the air conditioner. And it quit leaking, until we got a rainstorm and then it leaked again, just one day. So then it went for a few weeks with no leaks and then it suddenly started leaking again really bad with no air conditioning on or fan or anything, and no rain. it's just plain water, btw

So I had about a week of daily leaking a large amount of water and every day I had to dry it out Then it quit leaking.

then all of a sudden several weeks ago I went to start the car and every light on the display came on. After driving it for a minute or 2 all the lights would go off. It did that for a few weeks.

But now in the last a couple of weeks the lights that the OP listed in first post come on; also, it makes a loud kind of a roaring noise. When I put it in gear, the noise pretty much goes away usually after I drive for about a minute, and the lights all go off except the ck engine light...it it'stays on all the time. it doesn't blink it stays solid and it's always on. So I bought one of those scanners off of Amazon and I was just trying to find out how to use it on this car when I ran across this forum and the same problem, minus the flooding...I had flooding, it's just a different kind.

Sorry for the epic length of this post, but I'm really kind of excited that I finally found another vehicle having the same problem. When all this started last summer I kept searching online and never could if never could find one exactly like it with the lights. I'm recently disabled so taking it in for repairs is going to be a *****--pardon my language. In fact I'm looking at buying a new rav4 just to get a car that runs without problems. Still I've never had a car do this before and I'm really kind of curious about what's causing it. Also I should mention that I am a woman with no knowledge of cars or car repairs. It's just that I bought the car used with only 30,000 miles on it and I've only had it for almost 3 years and I really wasn't ready to buy another car yet...but now I am, for real.

Back