Second gear grind

spyder_69

Philadelphia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I bought my 2014 si about 5 weeks ago and since the day i got it if i am in vtec and shift into 2nd there is a noise(kind of like a gring but not quite as loud), doesn't sound safe to me. well since then it has worsened and my car grinded 3rd pretty bad a few days ago and then got stuck in 2nd not too long after. i got it to come out eventually and took the car straight to the dealer. they proceeded to tell me there's nothing wrong with my car so they cant do anything about it. i don't constantly beat on my car so there is no reason for this to be happening. i just want some input on what you guys think it could be?

got the car back the day after i posted this and its been fine. all of a sudden yesterday it got stuck in 2nd while cruising the neighborhood. couldnt get it out so i pumped the clutch about 10 times while going down my block and it popped right back out..about an hour later it got stuck again& now dealer tells me they cant do anything about it. the car has 1900 miles and this is really erking me...

So just to update everybody...I put my car in the garage today and they replaced the clutch, pressure plate and release bearing. All was covered under warranty!

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/clutch-noise.6191/page-2#post-125035
at least a couple of people have had broken springs, or spring issues in the clutch itself

My clutch got replaced under warranty due to the grinding noise at 42K miles. Wanted to take a look at the clutch and take some pics but dealer said they had sent it to honda. I got mine covered under drivetrain warranty which they said is 60k miles or 5 yrs.

Update: Honda is replacing the pressure plate. UNDER WARRANTY :dance1:

If the dealer won't look at the clutch, you need to find another dealership.

I've tried to mention that it's the clutch but they keep insisting that If it doesn't happen for them they can not replace anything or even tear into the car because there is nothing wrong.
I'm thinking of taking it elsewhere soon just need to find time.

I've tried to mention that it's the clutch but they keep insisting that If it doesn't happen for them they can not replace anything or even tear into the car because there is nothing wrong.
I'm thinking of taking it elsewhere soon just need to find time.
Have a gopro or any type of dash cam you could run in the car? Any time you drive, turn it on to record. You could have it mounted on the passenger headrest, or whatever. Just point it down towards the gear shift and clutch to show you're stuck in a gear.

Back