Security Cameras (Home Setups)

Damn! He knew there were camera's and knocked them to point down. What an *******!

Nope, he stole the cameras from another angle you can see him putting them in his pocket I'm taking him to court to get payment from stolen cameras

Hate to bring back from so far back but did you ever get a system? My car was broken into a few months back and I'm still trying to figure what to go with.

Hate to bring back from so far back but did you ever get a system? My car was broken into a few months back and I'm still trying to figure what to go with.
How many cameras do you want/need? Total $ you'd like to stay under? That'd help narrow suggestions down.

I haven't got anything yet. I talk about wanting to get a lot of things but never follow through because I'm frugal/cheap lol

Webby asked some good questions.

I recently installed Arlo Pros. They're wireless and Netgear's App is near foolproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How many cameras do you want/need? Total $ you'd like to stay under? That'd help narrow suggestions down.
I'd like about 4-6 cameras and price I'm not real worried about as long as it's not too crazy. I just need a camera for my driveway, front door, back door and my small shed.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI9800P-Outdoor-Security-Detection/dp/B0173Z3NG2

This is a 720p quality wireless. I'm guessing you'll be needing wireless, unless you have networking cable (or plan to run cable) at the places you want cams?

A guy I know has them on his house. He sent me a screenshot from his phone-

IMG_7330.jpg

You'd either have to setup something like blueiris software on a pc to capture/save the video 24-7, or buy a nvr to save the video. Basically like a dvr, but for your cameras.

======

Another option as a "kit"

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-4-Channel-Security-Wireless-Cameras/dp/B071VBPR46/

^ That would have the nvr with it, and then the 4 wireless cams.

The bad part of wireless is transmitting over distances, the quality, and how good your router is/internet is to remotely view your cameras. The more cameras you have, the harder your equipment is running trying to save the data etc. 1080p video is a lot to send wirelessly, and that's just one video stream. If you have 4-6 running, ...you get the idea. I know one guy had to lower the quality on his cameras and save less frames of video per second if he wanted to remotely view his 4 cameras. His router wasn't the best, and he also didn't have the best internet connection to his house.

If you have network cable, or plan to run some that changes things quite a bit.

How's the distance to the locations you want cameras? You could kind of test your wifi from your phone signal to see how strong the signal is at the locations you want cameras.

How's the distance to the locations you want cameras? You could kind of test your wifi from your phone signal to see how strong the signal is at the locations you want cameras.
I would say 30-40 feet would be the furthest away and I can usually get a decent signal another in my house or outside my house

I saw Amazon Prime Day had the Blink XT2 Wireless Camera System on-sale so I ended up picking it up. It should be here tomorrow.

514a0I2nebL._SL1000_.jpg

I :rotfl: at the 2-year battery life. I have a few friends that have the Blink XT (original) and they say they get a decent amount of battery life but not 2-years. They said maybe if you didn't have it recording all the time or had the minimum setting selected it would last 2-years.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Blink XT2 cameras. I mounted one of the cameras on the tree outside my house and it's working out well.

I'll have to upload a video to YouTube to post in here.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Blink XT2 cameras. I mounted one of the cameras on the tree outside my house and it's working out well.

I'll have to upload a video to YouTube to post in here.
I was going to ask you how you liked these. I'm thinking about getting some. I've got 2 Arlo cameras now but they are expensive to add on

this was an actually informative video/test on some very popular cameras on amazon. Granted you can get similar versions that compete with other focal lengths, different megapixel ratings, different infrared lights and so on that makes other models from the same brand comparable. Still good testing

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg3krwlX4jk

why not just get a mean dog! And put up some signs1:turbobananapoke:

Back