Shift boot opinion

mazda_lexus

Hey everyone!
So I'm pretty sure my shift boot clips have been broken since I've bought my car because when I shift to 5th or 6th, sometimes 1st or 2nd, the shift boot unclips and sags downwards which is really irritating because it ends up making me miss a gear or grind gears from the tension releases making me almost pre-shift. It basically makes me stumble. Anyways, I've seen people with the Acuity shifter just leave the shift boot at the bottom but I don't necessarily like the shifter stem showing. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a few things here.
1. there really shouldn't be any tension on the boot itself. there should be enough slack in the leather material that the shifter can move around freely in all gears. it certainly shouldn't be enough to pull the boot off or cause any kind of shifting issues
2. if the clip is so destroyed that it wont hold onto the lock nut, your only real option is to get a new boot. they are listed for about $50 from Honda.

a few things here.
1. there really shouldn't be any tension on the boot itself. there should be enough slack in the leather material that the shifter can move around freely in all gears. it certainly shouldn't be enough to pull the boot off or cause any kind of shifting issues
2. if the clip is so destroyed that it wont hold onto the lock nut, your only real option is to get a new boot. they are listed for about $50 from Honda.

Yeah..I clip it up to the adapter and it's fine but once I shift and the lever is fully extended there's a little tension on the boot which makes it come off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back