Si badge paint touch-up

Balt15Si

So I'm sure I'm not the only one that is seeing the red paint come off the Si badge, at least the back one, is there a thread on here with any talk about that? 20200617_124942.jpg

mine is doing the same front and back. i was going to just replace them.

Subscribing to this thread for any updates (mine also has this problem).

My only concern with getting a new one is placement and getting the new one lined up properly. I've thought of the tape trick (outline the rough placement with some masking tape to make sure it gets at least close to the original placement); however, my concern there would be trying to strip all of the old adhesive off and potentially damaging my template. Anyhow, just trying to keep my OCD in check before I go that route.

@AlmosN8kd

Just find out where your local honda dealer does their resprays (whether they do it on site or outsourced at a body shop near buy)
They will know where it needs to be placed or they can give you measurements. When my car was re painted through warranty last year they put a new badge on the trunk and its in the perfect spot

You can use some painters tape to show the placement. Go around the badge with a heat gun/hair dryer to warm up the adhesive. Use dental floss to get behind the badge when it's warm and pull. You shouldn't have issue removing any remaining adhesive without the tape coming off.

Back