Sign Online Petition to bring 2015 Civic Type-R Vtec Turbo to North America

:yeahthat: The interiors don't do it for me. I test drove an Evo, my head almost touched the roof and the front seats don't slide back far enough. I also test drove an Impreza, although it's not a WRX or STi performance-wise, the radio looked like it was taken out of my old 1997 Eclipse.

That 'new' 2014 WRX doesn't look that appealing from the outside on the pictures.

And to respond to the Mugen Civic sitting on the lots is simple. They didn't offer a performance enhanced model. The Mugen package on the previous Civic was more appearance related than anything. Nice car, but a competitor? I didn't think so at that price point.

gp wheels - lighter w/ gforce tires
lowered ride height / changed bump and rebound rates
body kit / spoiler /
upgraded cat-back exhaust system
other badges and stuff like shift knobs, etc

I realize it wasn't something where they gained 80hp over the normal si.

Would it have gotten better time trial laps than an Si? Of course....but to compete with the rest of the new cars with actual performance enhancements or larger displacement powerplants, not so much.

I still absolutely LOVE the Mugen Civic, but in this convo, not a REAL competitor.

I was curious and checked the Honda UK and a CRV for example is 25k pounds there and 26k CAD in Canada 23k USD in US. That suggests the price here may be maybe 30k in US 36k in Canada which will bring it at the same price point as STI and Evo or less a bit.

40k US 50k Ca well I would go buy a 370z as unreliable as it is we're talking of a real MR sports car vs a very nice and reliable turbo FF car.

Since i never saw any of the previous euro hatch back in NA why would they bring this one?

All these being said i did sign the petition :) I would like the option to be honest.

Last edited:
Ya, IF they ever brought it over they would have to put it into the same price market as the competition.

Honda PR regarding the petition:
Chris Martin said:
Thanks for sending the link. It's great to see so much enthusiasm for our global products! I can't promise anything, but we'll take your support of Type-R into account. It is a fantastic car.

Chris Martin
Honda Public Relations
Honda North America, Inc.

how much the cost? in case. type R in EUR and Si, have same engine?

ignore this questions... i just check the Type R and don't care how much it cost! Me love it...lol

Last edited:
I think of it like the Integra Type R. It may be pricey but the rarity of the Type R will ensure a higher resale value. I see Integra Type R's selling for 25k. So I think purchasing the new R could be a solid investment. Sure the Subies and Evos have more power. But they are a dime a dozen. I want something a little more rare.

Signed this awhile back - Happy to see its getting face time over here.

Crossing fingers it actually MEANS something.

Back