SIRI Motto trunk brace

AE86RX2

Has anyone purchase this yet. I want to purchase it. Is it worth it ?
I have so far
Megan racing front strut brace
Siri Motto front tie bar
Mebane racing H brace
Progress 24mm RSB

Is thier something else to brace up the rear ?

I believe @SlySi has that particular brace or one that looks almost identical. You could probably ask him if it offered any sort of improved feel.

Since installation I haven't really driven the car to test it out.

Looks great tho! I'm personally waiting for rear upper strut bar. @PRO Civic soon?

10 months old = 3497 miles lol

Since installation I haven't really driven the car to test it out.

Looks great tho! I'm personally waiting for rear upper strut bar. @PRO Civic soon?

10 months old = 3497 miles lol

I'm not sure if they will make a rear upper strut bar, since the trunk brace accomplishes basically the same thing and doesn't take up trunk space. Plus, if you look at the way a rear upper strut bar would work on the 9th Gen Civics, it would have to bolt to the shock pistons....there are no upper mount bolt holes for it to attach to. If the strut bar were to transfer a lot of force to the shock pistons, it could potentially damage them.

I'm not sure if they will make a rear upper strut bar, since the trunk brace accomplishes basically the same thing and doesn't take up trunk space. Plus, if you look at the way a rear upper strut bar would work on the 9th Gen Civics, it would have to bolt to the shock pistons....there are no upper mount bolt holes for it to attach to. If the strut bar were to transfer a lot of force to the shock pistons, it could potentially damage them.

POW. :1: Knocked it out the park. So what do we expect to see next from Siri?:thumbsup:

Adding a product link to this thread because I just realized people may not even know what product we're talking about here.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/product-2932/index.html

Here's a couple pictures:

sirimoto-phase2-chassis-brace_LRG.jpg

37703_2932___SiriMoto%20Rear%20Brace%20Customer%20Installed.jpg

I really really wish this came in black or any darker neutral color because I want it but red is just so....red.

I really really wish this came in black or any darker neutral color because I want it but red is just so....red.

Option 1 - Plastidip any color you want

Option 2 - sand off paint, light primer and paint any color you want

Both options very easy, if you really want a different color

How do you think your car has been affected by all of the braces? Is it noticeable?
I wish we could get some kinda confirmation that these types of braces actually do anything on our cars, like we know the rear sway bars do...

I wanna believe and I wanna buy some, but part of me feels like I'd just be spending money to add weight to my already underpowered LX lol

Option 1 - Plastidip any color you want

Option 2 - sand off paint, light primer and paint any color you want

Both options very easy, if you really want a different color

Yeah I know, and I paint and powdercoat lots of parts I buy, but sometimes I just want to be lazy :sadbanana:

I wish we could get some kinda confirmation that these types of braces actually do anything on our cars, like we know the rear sway bars do...

I wanna believe and I wanna buy some, but part of me feels like I'd just be spending money to add weight to my already underpowered LX lol

It's impossible for me to give you exact #s in terms of how this kind of modification stiffens up the chassis. The only thing I can really point to is that if you look at actual race cars (or Type R models) built by Honda, they all feature extra bracing in key areas to reduce chassis flex. Supercar manufacturers employ even more exotic methods to stiffness up the chassis, like using a carbon fiber monocoque for the whole frame of the car. The reason is that a stiff (rigid) frame transmits forces reliably to the areas they are meant to go, and increases handling performance by quite a bit.

If it makes any difference I have upper strut, front lower tie, rear lower tie, trunk brace, dropped on HR Springs. I go really really fast around turns and curves and I have no problems with control. It is a huge difference from stock, but I can't tell you if its one brace or all of them together.

Back