SiriMoto Front Strut Bar (new brand)

We're excited to announce the launch of a new performance brand we started! The name is SiriMoto, and the brand will be dedicated to producing professionally designed parts that utilize high quality materials and have the easiest bolt-on installation possible. Each product is specifically designed and tested around each particular application, with emphasis on precise fitment and quality over quantity.

sirimoto.gif

The first product is a front strut bar that fits all 2012 to 2015 Civics. This strut bar is a bit different than some of the competition out there, in that it uses a strong inner beam layout and a curved outer clam design, which makes it quite a bit stronger and stiffer, yet still very lightweight.

We of course appreciate any feedback, comments, etc. from you guys, thanks!

Product page for more details and ordering: http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/product-2921/index.html (We do have special product launch discounts going on - PM me for the discount code!)

Pics

35977_2921___SiriMoto-SM-HC12-SB-FU.jpg

35977_2921___SiriMoto-SM-HC12-SB-FU_2.jpg

Install Video

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8fkNuhQ4sY

Very nice. You have specific plans for additional items you're going to offer?

Minor critique- have someone take some close up video/move the tripod when doing some of the work in the engine bay. Even if their hands block some of the work, it'd prob be helpful to see exactly what the person is messing with.

will the cowl cover it? If so, I might want this. nevermind, i just saw the video.......lol

Minor critique- have someone take some close up video/move the tripod when doing some of the work in the engine bay. Even if their hands block some of the work, it'd prob be helpful to see exactly what the person is messing with.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking @webby. A close up when talking about some of the key points during installation i.e. the correct way to install the bar, the nut install with/without the washer etc.

How to put a washer on....... Put something on the nut/washer that will make them stick together..... IE. grease, or just a spot of super glue.

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback webby. I'll pass that on to the video crew. Yes, we do have specific plans for additional parts. They are already in the works. I'll of course post them up when they come out.

will the cowl cover it? If so, I might want this. nevermind, i just saw the video.......lol

The cowl will cover it, but the red end pieces will still be visible. The reason why the bar goes under the cowl is because it offers better reinforcement that way. If the bracket holding the bar had to extend out towards the front so it was past the cowl, it would be harder to make it so it didn't flex.

Reactions: Fig
The cowl will cover it, but the red end pieces will still be visible. The reason why the bar goes under the cowl is because it offers better reinforcement that way. If the bracket holding the bar had to extend out towards the front so it was past the cowl, it would be harder to make it so it didn't flex.

That makes perfect sense! And it doesn't get in the way of the oil cap.

Who will try/review this first?

Many people on this site say the upper strut tower bar will not be effective because the towers are so close to the firewall.

I think any increased rigidity would be an improvement, I will buy one after another forum member gives it a thumbs up.

Also wondering if the bar touches anything (cowl or wiper assembly) that may cause any noise/vibration issues?

Who will try/review this first?

Many people on this site say the upper strut tower bar will not be effective because the towers are so close to the firewall.

I think any increased rigidity would be an improvement, I will buy one after another forum member gives it a thumbs up.

Also wondering if the bar touches anything (cowl or wiper assembly) that may cause any noise/vibration issues?

There is no vibration or noise that we experienced at all. In terms of testing how much this strut bar reduces body roll, that is going to be tough. I know it will reduce the flex of the chassis under heavy load when the strut mounts would tend to twist and move in relation to eachother, but it's just really hard to say how much it does it.

Just finished up install, not too difficult.
A couple of pointers, 1) install the bar in the order of the video, it is a tight fight and will probably not fit any other way than the order shown in video (duh right follow the instructions). 2) Use a magnetic pen reach tool to hold and slide on the backside washers where bar connects to mounting brackets.

I am so far pleased with the feel of the car, the best way to describe the change is that the nose of the car now stays parallel with the ground during cornering none of that initial dive in feeling on turn in.

Too bad this nice looking piece will be tucked away, function over flash.
SIRIMOTO PHASE 2 STRUT BAR.jpg

Great review!

The magnetic pen tip is a really good idea too. Keep in mind if you want the red endpieces to remain visible, just don't put back on the rectangular rubber covers that block access to the struts.

I see the sirimoto trunk brace is available! Nice. Do you guys plan on releasing anything else? Maybe rear lower tie or rear strut bar?

Back