Skunk2 springs are available for 2012 SI's!!

For the guys that installed the springs and camber kit professionally, how much did yall pay? I'm getting quotes from $250 to $500!!

Soooo im thinking of getting some skunk2 springs.. how's the ride quality so far, for those of you that have had the for a long time? Also where should I order from? I want to make sure I get a correct set of front springs lol... also what part number should I be looking for in the front and rear springs?

Ride quality is a little bouncy but that is what you get when you buy springs! Around corners though it definitely is improved. Hugs the corners very nicely. I would absolute recommend them. Lowest drop out of all the available springs too I believe. I ordered mine from the skunk2 website but that was when they first came out and had an opening deal kind of promotion. You might be able to get them cheap from maybe ebay? Not sure and the incorrect springs situation was only when they first came out, I'm sure that situation has been dealt with and figured out by now!

First time really posting pics of my car btw ..

Front driver side wheel.

-Smoked corner turn signal
-Red painted calipers
-Red lug nuts

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Love the wheels and lug setup! Do you have any pics of the rear? Thanks for the help

Does anybody know if the # of the new springs are different or they relabeled it under the same part # which is 519-05-1585? I just received my new set of springs and it's # are 519-05-1585 can @Skunk2 Racing confirm or anybody thanks. And does anyone have a pic of the correct front spring?

Does anybody know if the # of the new springs are different or they relabeled it under the same part # which is 519-05-1585? I just received my new set of springs and it's # are 519-05-1585 can @Skunk2 Racing confirm or anybody thanks. And does anyone have a pic of the correct front spring?

According to our data, you received the correct part #. I'm pretty sure Skunk2 would not make a new part # for this type of scenario.

Whenever you lower your car a decent amount (say 2 inches or more), it's always a good idea to cut the bump stops a little bit, just to make sure you don't "bottom out" while driving around on bumpy roads. You'll know if you're bottoming out because the ride will be very uncomfortable and you'll hear "thuds". Again, this will only happen on pretty bumpy roads and is more of a ride comfort thing than anything else.

If you want, you can go without cutting your bump stops, and if you never bottom out, then you're fine.

So... Everyone here that got the Skunk2 springs are still running stock shock's and havent had any issues? I'm thinking of getting a set and just wanna make sure that im gonna be okay swapping just my springs. Thanks!

So... Everyone here that got the Skunk2 springs are still running stock shock's and havent had any issues? I'm thinking of getting a set and just wanna make sure that im gonna be okay swapping just my springs. Thanks!

Well, any lowering spring will cause increased wear on the factory shocks. However, it's not something where the shocks are going to "blow out" immediately. The shocks will wear out faster than if you had your factory springs, but I can't tell you exactly how long that would be. Factory shocks should last about 70k miles under normal conditions, so with lowering springs, maybe half that? There's no exact formula.

Last edited:
Well, any lowering spring will cause increased wear on the factor shocks. However, it's not something where the shocks are going to "blow out" immediately. The shocks will wear out faster than if you had your factory springs, but I can't tell you exactly how long that would be. Factory shocks should last about 70k miles under normal conditions, so with lowering springs, maybe half that? There's no exact formula.
Thank you for the quick response, this is my first posting on the forum (been reading for a while though) and it was exactly the answer I was looking for! Looks like I'll rock the stock shocks with the new springs until one goes or I feel its time to upgrade. :) thanks again!

Back