Some shots I just took with the new lens

bigger versions? The flower shot looks like it turned out well. You really need to look at your ISO setting and get it much lower. You should see a real significant difference in the way the pics look.

Just posted the bigger versions for the others.

Here's a bigger version of the marigold....

8894910020_fffe281e31_b.jpg

The thing with the ISO is that I can't seem to find a way to adjust it. It always says ISO auto on my camera. I have to see if I can find a way to adjust it.

with a nikon i believe its buried in a menu even in manual mode, but dentrecords shoots Nikon and would know better than me, im a Canon guy

If I were taking a still shot, I'd go to a higher f/stop, longer exposure - tripod of course. Maybe bring the ISO down too.

The higher f/stop will open up your depth of field, and bring more of your subject into focus. In the old days, the longer exposure time allowed the film to become more saturated, which produced more vibrant colors. I'm not sure of the sensors in a digital camera work that way, but maybe they do. I used to shoot ISO 64 Ektachrome.

8904969424_dbf2a8f1f8_b.jpg

f/32
Exposure - .77 sec
105 mm lens with ND filter
ISO - 200
3 aperture

This was in the middle of a sunny afternoon. I finally got my ND filter, but still have it washing out. Is there any hope for that?

probably need to stack another ND filter on there to stop it down further, how many stops is your current one?

Last edited:
you might want to get a .3 and .6 to complete the set, you can always stack them all together to combine their effects

Back