Soon to be new, 2012 or 2013?

image.jpg

There she is, somehow got a paint chip by the front head light that i see :( but other than that so far so good. I am coming from auto but learned stick a while ago. A few stalls in a bout 4 days but ill get there!

Beautiful! If you're annoyed by paint chips, I would seriously look into a clearbra while the car is as new as possible. You'll see a lot of threads about paint chips here.

Ok Thanks, also I am an idiot and put in 89 instead of 93.. I had like 4 squares left in my tank and filled it up. I guess ill have to wait a day or so and top it off with 93 again.

VEHICLES AFFECTED
2012 Civic Si 2-Door
From VIN 2HGFG4A...H700001 thru 2HGFG4A...H703398

2012 Civic Si 4-Door
From VIN 2HGFB6E...H700001 thru 2HGFB6E...H703802
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/excessive-engine-oil-consumption.6451/

As for changes between 2012/2013 - there is an entire list of changes to the various models in this thread -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-honda-civic-unveiled-at-la-auto-show.6047/
There are a number of updates, and not all of them are visible changes. Thicker glass, sound deadening, suspension tweaks, crash beam updates, technology updates in the imid/radio... it's a matter of what you want. You're saving a bunch off sticker to take the 2012.

UGGGG I just saw this info. my VIn ends in 0789 f me....... brutal...

How many miles do you have? Have you checked your oil levels?

13k and I was pretty sure that it was using oil but did not pay close attention. My 2000 GSR used to use it worse as did my 02 WRX i got used to oil usage and forgot that my 06 Si did not use any noticeable amount. So I just was having it changed every 3k and not paying attention. I wouldn't be so worried if they (Honda) were just replacing the short block. I don't like the whole new pistons and rings, no hone thing. I'll be calling Honda Tuesday. I wondered why it was traded in with only 6k on it.... Wish I would have seen this before I ordered my exhaust, shifter, intake, flash pro etc.. Might have used that $ and traded in on a 13....

Kirk

Go look at your dipstick and see if it's low at all. Top hole to the bottom hole on the dipstick is a quart. Some were using upwards of a quart every 1k miles. You obviously aren't having that much loss. Some users have had zero issues. Some believe it depends on how the engine was broken in. Some users who avoided vtec the entire break in period had oil issues. Users who seemed to drive the car from day one didn't have as many issues with loss. There is no need to call honda unless you're losing oil. This isn't a recall or anything like that. You'd only be talking to them if you were losing a bunch of oil. Then they'd do oil loss tests between oil changes to confirm an issue.

Go look at your dipstick and see if it's low at all. Top hole to the bottom hole on the dipstick is a quart. Some were using upwards of a quart every 1k miles. You obviously aren't having that much loss. Some users have had zero issues. Some believe it depends on how the engine was broken in. Some users who avoided vtec the entire break in period had oil issues. Users who seemed to drive the car from day one didn't have as many issues with loss. There is no need to call honda unless you're losing oil. This isn't a recall or anything like that. You'd only be talking to them if you were losing a bunch of oil. Then they'd do oil loss tests between oil changes to confirm an issue.

Cool, thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I will anally pay attention to it for the next bit. (I just changed the oil YESTERDAY so now I can stress for a few thousand miles.)

Got a few things done so far... 15% Tints, Blue Valve Caps and gotta add the white 9th Gen Sticker!
attachment

Excellent choice, I made the exact same choice this week. Mine is a Dyno Blue sedan. Congratulations.... Resist the temptation to see the VTEC gauge light up for as long as you can. Break it nice.

Excellent choice, I made the exact same choice this week. Mine is a Dyno Blue sedan. Congratulations.... Resist the temptation to see the VTEC gauge light up for as long as you can. Break it nice.

Actually, these engines are supposedly broken in at the factory and pushing it right off helps everything seat better. Do not baby it now. Drive it how you intend to drive it in the future. :vtec:

Back