sparkplug replacment time

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
So I have 56k miles on my 2013 si and I was wondering what are the best plugs to change to from the stock ones? Will I get a little better performance and not have to tune my car?

Nice low mileage!!

really they should be changed whenever you feel the car is running strange or just down on power. You can always pull them out to check the diode and make sure they aren’t cracked or anything out of the ordinary. I changed mine at about 95k miles to an iridium plug and the engine sounded healthier, no increase to power though.

if you're n/a oem plugs are best. i believe the interval to change them is 100k miles. or 160k kms. depending on how bad the plugs are you probably wont feel any performance increase. tuning is not required unless you change your exhaust and intake. the ecu will adjust itself. if you are already tuned and your old plugs are real bad you may want to have the tune looked at.

if you're n/a oem plugs are best. i believe the interval to change them is 100k miles. or 160k kms. depending on how bad the plugs are you probably wont feel any performance increase. tuning is not required unless you change your exhaust and intake. the ecu will adjust itself. if you are already tuned and your old plugs are real bad you may want to have the tune looked at.
Nice low mileage!!

really they should be changed whenever you feel the car is running strange or just down on power. You can always pull them out to check the diode and make sure they aren’t cracked or anything out of the ordinary. I changed mine at about 95k miles to an iridium plug and the engine sounded healthier, no increase to power though.
Agree, no more power. Use NGK or Denso.

x2 on NGK
Worth noting -- no increase in power BUT, if you don't change the plugs when due your gas mileage will probably suffer at some point.

Just go with stock type plugs, you're not gonna see a difference and you need to make about 40 horsepower to really feel a difference. You can increase the spark plug gap which should in turn make the afr leaner and lean is power until you burn a valve. I think stock plugs go like 100k/120k like others said, you're just throwing money away changing them sooner. Maint. Minder told me when to change plugs and I think it was around 120k.

Just go stock plugs and very very carefully measure the gap, don't break the electrode. I have had name brand spark plugs gap be off

Back