Spotted Thread: Orlando/UCF/Central FL area

SOLO8thGenSi

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2007 Civic 4DR Si SC/AC
this is the official spotted thread for us addicted few whom see 8ths (and hopefully 9ths soon enough!!) on a regular basis but don't want to post them on 8th anymore and want a new place to do so.

please format your posts as follows:
"spotted: [production year or range if known] [color or code code if known] [type of spotting or chassis code if known] [time, date and/or location vehicle was spotted] [other information if desired]"

example:
spotted: '07 RR FA5 today found in the employee parking lot of Headquarter Honda in Clermont, FL -- from 830AM to 5PM

:giggle:
now then, let's get our spotting on folks!!! :hail:

spotted: '09-'11 NBP FA5 on the Turnpike north just past the 429 toll junction. 5:14PM yesterday 5/17

spotted 2010 Hanes Boxer blue @ 7am in Bathroom on south orange ave and sand lake. :giggle:

spotted: '07-'08 NBP FG2 alongside me on the 408E onto the 417N at 6:05PM; he later exited University Blvd. we exchanged :wavey:s and that was that. looked & sounded all-stock to me. nice to get one going the SAME direction as me though for a change.

spotted: not 10 seconds after passing the University exit i spotted a sexy pearl white new GTR going south on 417 right before i exited Aloma Ave. w/ a Charger FHP right behind him. :rotfl: good luck brothaa!!!! :police:

Spotted: 09+ ROP FG2 stock turning onto Sand Lake off of S. Orange around 6pm today
06-08' RR FA5 lowered, tint, fogs, V2 lab going North on S. Orange shortly thereafter. spotted her before...

she's been spotted on 8th by a buddy Broc (fellow RRFA5 owner) recently too. Off North Orange Ave/1792 in Winter Park. front bumper hanging off... lol

spotted 5/18 hrp FA5 all stock with older guy driving at 417 and aloma. Leaving publix

definitely a local. i have some spotted posts on 8th of him at Tusk/Aloma and Aloma by Clayton Crossing as well. :word:

spotted: '07-'08 RR FA5 -- 7:59AM -- 408W just before the Goldenrod exit when traffic is usually pretty horrible each morning for a bit. i literally only caught the slightest glimpse of said Si just at the hill before Goldenrod when it went out of sight;i was unable to get through the traffic to inspect further. from the rear end i could see stock exhaust & ride height but that's about it. no stickers or anything discernable. guessing it exited before i could lay eyes on it again.

spotted: '08 RYP S2000 CR -- 5:10PM -- opposite direction as me on 408W far left lane just west of the Good Homes Rd exit... just as i'd spotted it in the same place the other day.

spotted: '09-'10 DBP FA5 -- 5:19PM -- opposite direction as me on 408W in the far left lane just a 1/2 mile before the Goldenrod exit.

spotted: Brett's '08 HRP FA5 -- 5:28PM -- on Aloma Ave just west of the 417 overpass presumably coming home from work. spotted you b/c i was across the street at Chase bank at the ATM. :p

spotted: '07-'08 NBP FA5 -- 3:00PM -- Kangaroo Express/Subway on W SR50 out here in Clermont/Oakland. i was leaving the store & saw it parked by a gas pump. Lee County, GA license plate :wavey:

spotted: '07-'08 NBP FG2 and '09-'11 DBP FA5 in traffic on 408E b/t Mills Ave onramp and 408/417 split -- b/t 5:30 and 5:45PM today
funny story. i see the DBP up ahead and without trying to get arrested, i slowly start to ease past traffic trying to catch up. about the time i'm probably 3 cars back by the Conway exit where 408 opens up to 5-6 lanes, a NBP FG2 comes up on my left. a guy and his girl. he gives me a wave and drives off. i gave him a honk and he slows down, puts the window down. i mentioned to him there was a DBP up ahead i was trying to catch. he says SWEET let's get 'em!!! drops 2 gears and bolts.... i follow behind him. NBP owner can't get the attn of the DBP owner. so he moves a lane over and we chat a bit. says he loves my car, color, exhaust, etc... the usual "is that a Mugen Si" stuff. LOLOL -- eventually we part ways and i didn't get a chance to ask if he was on 8th or 9th by chance. both the NBP & DBP continued east on 408 and i went north on 417. very nice encounter.

oooh yeah, forgot to mention i DID catch up w/ the driver of the DBP and he gave me a friendly multiple honk as i drove past. very nice occurrence today. :D

THAT'S THE WAY ALL 8th/9th Si & otherwise owners should be -- none of this stupid revving and acting like a freakin' ricer. good times. :word:

I'm surprised you could carry on a conversation with the car next to you while cruising at highway speed.. I struggled to talk to Christina in the passenger seat sometimes! lol

...and not only did he talk...he managed to get a photo of all 3...and a pic of his speedo going 14 miles over the speed limit that is also posted in the pic TWICE :giggle:

Giving you a hard time :bighug: Great story! I agree...wish they were all like that

Back