Squiggy's 2012 DBP II Si Coupe

And, of course, I have a handful of things waiting to be installed.

That's the first time I think I've ever seen "lowering spring" in the singular sense lol

That's the first time I think I've ever seen "lowering spring" in the singular sense lol

Yep. Single shock/strut under the rear fender. Even has adjustable preload.

Car is back. Not perfect, but things never are after a front end collision. Bumper is a little tight around the headlights.

You may be able to even adjust the bumper some. There is actually a decent amount of play with the headlights and bumper by adjusting the headlight bolts. You could loosen some of the 10mm headlight bolts with the bumper off. By pushing the headlight in any direction while tightening the bolts you can literally move the headlight a decent amount in any direction. You could do that 20 times and have 20 different results when you put the bumper back on. It'll literally change the gaps.

You may be able to even adjust the bumper some. There is actually a decent amount of play with the headlights and bumper by adjusting the headlight bolts. You could loosen some of the 10mm headlight bolts with the bumper off. By pushing the headlight in any direction while tightening the bolts you can literally move the headlight a decent amount in any direction. You could do that 20 times and have 20 different results when you put the bumper back on. It'll literally change the gaps.

That is great to know! Thank you Webby.

I am thinking the rail under the headlight that the bumper snaps into could be moved down (maybe bent) a little too.

And that is not difficult. The 8th had 2 bolts that held the metal frame on the light if I'm not mistaken. You could always shim it with a washer if needed as well.

Back