Stella - '11 Alpine White BMW 335i (E90)

...and it still keeps on the tail of a heavily modified E36 M3 and costs about the same as an Si :bananapoke:

Reactions: Nix
Speed is not the issue. The connection with the car and joy of driving are what is missing with an automatic (or any variant thereof).

Hah! No! An AT can be lots of fun! I swear! hahahah.

It is nice being able to just be lazy and drive somewhere in traffic while eating and having a coffee.

That said, yeas my next car will be stick by man, sometimes its nice just letting the car do its thing. Especially if you have a commute with traffic. Im not saying it can't be done but eh, its the same with with AC. You could do without it but sometimes its very very nice.

Hah! No! An AT can be lots of fun! I swear! hahahah.

It is nice being able to just be lazy and drive somewhere in traffic while eating and having a coffee.

That said, yeas my next car will be stick by man, sometimes its nice just letting the car do its thing. Especially if you have a commute with traffic. Im not saying it can't be done but eh, its the same with with AC. You could do without it but sometimes its very very nice.

Only when I am stuck in Chicago traffic and concerned about the beating the clutch takes do I ever wish I was driving an automatic.

On a side note, we have two manual cars and one manumatic.
I'm done hearing all the forum crap about "Shoulda bought a manual" "Shoulda bought an Si"

I own both an Si and a 335i. The decision was made for a reason.
Whether that decision is personal, health/injury related, or not...is our business.

Go hate somewhere else. *mic drop*

I'm done hearing all the forum crap about "Shoulda bought a manual" "Shoulda bought an Si"

Whether that decision is personal, health/injury related, or not...is our business.

We don't really care if you drive a manual or not. No hate involved whatsoever. We do like giving you a hard time though. :bananapoke: Come around more often and maybe we won't give you as much of a hard time.

You guys decide to keep the Si?

I left because I was tired of the BS.

Just ignore them. They are jealous (and childish) more than anything else. My wife's next car will probably be a white 3 series automatic sedan. It amazes me how people think of a car that costs about $10k more makes them "rich," snobby, etc. Hell, for what I have put into my car, I could have bought a 3 series BMW. If I go forced induction I could have bought a 4 series. Most people just have no financial understanding.

Yeah, buying a slightly older BMW is the same price as a brand new Honda Civic...and it's got way more bang for the buck.
I honestly wish I would have known that before I got the Si.

I got the same BS about "being rich" to have a BMW. I kept telling those people.....its a 10 year old car that I bought. They looked at me like 0_o

Yeah, buying a slightly older BMW is the same price as a brand new Honda Civic...and it's got way more bang for the buck.
I honestly wish I would have known that before I got the Si.

A four year old 3 or 4 series will cost about as much as a new Si.

Maybe you guys should fully deck out the Si (including FI) for the track so you can both be on the track at the same time.

I got the same BS about "being rich" to have a BMW. I kept telling those people.....its a 10 year old car that I bought. They looked at me like 0_o

BMWs, Lexus, Mercedes, etc cost as much (or even less than) Chargers, Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs, and almost all SUVs (short of the damn mini SUVs that have been popping up). The perspective people have based on a name is mind-boggling.

It is kind of like with motorcycles. You either ride a Harley or you don't. If you don't, it is not a real motorcycle. It is very annoying. Second day I had my bike I heard "not bad for a Honda."

Oh gosh. :escaper: :bananapoke:

Women.. SMH ;) I'm kidding :bighug: don't hurt me. :hiding:

A four year old 3 or 4 series will cost about as much as a new Si.

Maybe you guys should fully deck out the Si (including FI) for the track so you can both be on the track at the same time.
Financially stupid when a $5000 e30 track car would be faster.

+1 to the pre-depreciated car vs overpriced civics

Back