Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

Stocks aren't going to do anything but fluctuate due to the usual volatility. When he announced the cancer in 05 it hardly did anything.. All the smart engineers are still at apple; the company isn't going to suddenly fall apart.

Product development isn't going to suddenly take a new direction. Products take a long time to develop - they probably already have a dev. team working on the ipad3, iphone 5, new ipods and the next macbooks and most likely other things..

When SJ announced he was leaving apple, people were freaking out going "omg it's not going to be the same". Do you really think he came up with everything? No. They have some seriously smart employees, who are still there..

I read an article a few days ago claiming they had product development for almost 5yrs out. So, a lot is already in place. Granted... he will not be able to put his final say on something changed at this point.

I read an article a few days ago claiming they had product development for almost 5yrs out. So, a lot is already in place. Granted... he will not be able to put his final say on something changed at this point.

One of the things I read was what a perfectionist/task-master he was. Jobs would reject numerous submissions before finally ok'ing a product. To me that says he played a major part in the product development aspect of the company. So the question is whether there is someone there who has the same mindset to keep that level of thoroughness going.

yes, I've read the same. That's why I said, he obviously can't do that type of last minute changes... but a roadmap/development plan is in place. We shall see

brucex07_0.jpg

Well, this article claims 4yrs

-----

And while Jobs will no longer be a part of the Apple design process, it's clear that he helped chart out a course for Apple's future that will see consumers still reaping the rewards of his attention to detail years into the future. Yesterday, we noted that Jobs was reportedly actively involved in overseeing development of the next-generation iPhone even as the iPhone 4S is yet to make its way into customers' hands. And the Daily Mail reports that Jobs is claimed to have left behind four years' worth of product plans across Apple's product lines, leaving the company well-stocked as it looks toward the future.

Well, this article claims 4yrs

-----

And while Jobs will no longer be a part of the Apple design process, it's clear that he helped chart out a course for Apple's future that will see consumers still reaping the rewards of his attention to detail years into the future. Yesterday, we noted that Jobs was reportedly actively involved in overseeing development of the next-generation iPhone even as the iPhone 4S is yet to make its way into customers' hands. And the Daily Mail reports that Jobs is claimed to have left behind four years' worth of product plans across Apple's product lines, leaving the company well-stocked as it looks toward the future.

Although his mark will continue on some upcoming products, I'm skeptical about the future beyond a year or two. There will be others in power with their own ideas, and intentions to make their own mark in the world. I am confident that decisions will be made in the near future that would not have been made by Steve Jobs. It's impossible. Apple will never be the same. The question is whether it will continue to be as successful.

agreed it won't be the same. There are a number of people who've been there long enough that they can hopefully innovate.

On my drive home I pass one of those LED billboard that I rarely look at. Today it caught my eye since the main background was all white. I look at it closer and it had a pic of Jobs on the right and the years he was here in the middle with a quote below it. "He thought differently"

how did the ipod get it's size? - steve jobs

Jobs dropped the first iPod prototype into a fish tank to prove it was too big by demonstrating how air bubbles came out of the device proving it could be more compact

Jobs never allowed the opinions of others to drown out his own “inner voice”. One of my favorite stories about him is about the moment when the Apple design team presented him with the first version of the iPod. He looked at it for a while, turned it over and over, weighed it in his hand and then said: “It’s too big.” The engineers protested that it was a miracle of state-of-the-art miniaturisation – 1,000 songs packed into that tiny space.

Jobs walked over to the fish tank in the corner of his office and dropped the prototype into the water. He then pointed to the bubbles that floated from it to the surface and said: “That means there’s still some space in it. It’s too big.”

:confused:

Back