Stock SI's ContiProContact all-season tires

RightNow800

2015 SI sedan owner here.

In your experience, how well do these stock all-season ContiProContact tires handle winter conditions?

I had them on my 2012 Si (I believe they were the same) and I got stuck a few times in about 3-4 inches of snow. Was not lowered or anything either. Also just driving around on the icy roads I did not get very good traction. There were minivans and other front wheel drive vehicles that did much better starting and stopping on icy roads than I did.
Edit: Looking at Tirerack, it says OE for the 2012 was were Michelin Pilot MXM4 all-season tires but I could have sworn I had the Conti's on it.

Last edited:
Yup they're pretty terrible in the snow in my experience. After only a couple inches of snow it was almost impossible to get out of my driveway and trying to get going after stopping at a stop light was a slow process. That's why I try not to put off putting my winter tires on anymore lol

Surprisingly I haven't had issues with my stock all seasons in the snow. I live in an area where we get hit or miss snowfall and by that i mean either a dusting or a foot. Your not going to win any snow races on them but if your cautious you should be fine. Also worth mentioning where i live its pretty flat.

Others will suggest and I will back that if you live in an area that gets moderate to heavy snowfall you should budget for a set of dedicated winter tires. they will always outperform in adverse conditions compared to all seasons.

Surprisingly I haven't had issues with my stock all seasons in the snow. I live in an area where we get hit or miss snowfall and by that i mean either a dusting or a foot. Your not going to win any snow races on them but if your cautious you should be fine. Also worth mentioning where i live its pretty flat.

Others will suggest and I will back that if you live in an area that gets moderate to heavy snowfall you should budget for a set of dedicated winter tires. they will always outperform in adverse conditions compared to all seasons.

18 inch ContiProContact?

So, you're encouraging me to take a shot at this and try to drive out of my (flat) back alley that's gotten 3-4 inches of snow overnight?

Once I make it out of there, the main road will be fine.
that is a decision you will ultimately have to make yourself based on your confidence in your driving abilities. if your just going down the alley to the street which is plowed the tires should be capable.

Reactions: Nix
Easy on the throttle and easy on the brakes. Brake early not just for yourself but to slow down the people behind you who aren't paying attention and aren't driving carefully.

I personally have not had a conti tire that i liked. Driving or riding, I just don't like their tires. I know lots of people do but I don't. I currently have a set of their Extreme WinterContact tires on and they do fine in "snow" but are terrible otherwise. Rain, dry pavement, normal cold but not snowy winter conditions they are a bit sketchy. 4+"? No problem.

Back