Straight-pipe Drone

mazda_lexus

Hey guys, so I've recently posted a couple of start-up videos of my "straight-piped" FB6. But the drone in-cabin while driving is ridiculous. Atleast I'm pretty sure that's drone, can someone explain what that is?
Anyways, it drones on the highway and is ridiculously loud when slowing down while in gear. I love how loud it is on the outside but it gives me wife a headache. Wondering if getting the Invidia N1 will be that bad/:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no mufflers....that equals loud/drone

You can TRY a resonator, but I doubt it'll do much without some form of muffler. #webbyknowsbest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You have no mufflers....that equals loud/drone

Yeah I figured that much lol but the Invidia N1 isn't bad in comparison right? Cause I don't want to invest almost $500 for a exhaust that's as drone-y as my straight pipe

You can TRY a resonator, but I doubt it'll do much without some form of muffler. #webbyknowsbest

Debating on putting stock resonator back on

N1 is one of the loudest available for the 9th. You'll have drone with it.

N1 is one of the loudest available for the 9th. You'll have drone with it.

Damn okay, any recommendations on exhausts then without too much drone? Like I said, straight-piped is ridiculous but how is it compared to the N1

I was content with the Q300 on mine. Just enough personality.

Still think Full Race sounds the best though. Monies.

I mentioned fullrace in another post, and I think michal said on the highway he has drone. I don't know how bad it is though. Definitely can't be like a straight pipe setup.

I was content with the Q300 on mine. Just enough personality.

Still think Full Race sounds the best though. Monies.

Yeah I've seen a few clips of the Q300 but I don't want it to be so close to stock.
I really like my car being loud just not having all the drone regardless of how fast I am going. That's why I was debating on the N1 cause my straight pipe has a lot of drone and I was hoping the N1 isn't gonna give my wife a headache lol

I would suggest a fullrace exhaust with a catted full race downpipe, it is loud when you get on it but it sounds close to stock when driven soft, I have 0 drone on the highway and it's wife approved! Lol plus we have a 1 year old and he can still sleep in the back with no problem of noise. Here is a vid I did when I first got it.

Back