Stuff is breaking

Capital City

Ottawa, ON.
Body Style
Coupe
Two things...

I went to start the car a few days ago and the key just crumbled in my hand. I've owned 3 civics and I've never even heard of this happening. The car has about 42,000km (26,000 miles) and I've never "abused" the key in any way. I called several local Honda dealerships and none of them would cover it under warranty. Finally I went to the Honda dealership I bought the car from (a bit out of the way) and they replaced it under warranty no questions asked.

Also, just last month my emergency brake button broke off out of the blue. Again I'm not rough with anything, and these things shouldn't be breaking. The dealership looked at me funny and ended up replacing the entire brake lever assembly under warranty. Altho all i needed was a new button.

Has anyone else ever experienced any odd breaks ?

photo-2.JPG

I haven't experienced any odd breaks or malfunctions, but thankfully for your sake both were replaced under warranty.

It's funny how dealerships vary with warranty replacements. So frustrating. Only issue I've had is with the EX's front windows not going down and getting under 30mpg average with Econ mode on. All of my other Hondas....not one complaint.

Only thing that broke or prematured are the weather strips on top of the car, other than that I havent had any problems.

My shift.cable broke,540.00,only mechanical problem I've had owning new Hondas for 24 years

Back