Sub in a Sealed Box

cdistefano27

I do not have any experience with sealed boxes. My former sub setups have all used a custom ported box that pushed a crazy amount of air. I need a little more thumb, this stock "premium" audio system isn't cutting it. Will I still rattle the hell out of the car with a 12" in a sealed? I know it really depends how much power. I would say around 400-500 rms. I don't want rattling panels on the interior like past setups. Just looking for some clean lows. Any input would be great, Thanks

Interior would end up rattling eventually. Trunk lid would rattle immediately. In your situation I would probably go with a 10 in a sealed box.

cannot find one ill take a picture after i get done running around today and ill get exact specs on my amps i love my setup but about to change to a more custom setup I'm going to replace my stock 8" with the kicker 8" compr with a custom ported box mounted under deck lid.

cannot find one ill take a picture after i get done running around today and ill get exact specs on my amps i love my setup but about to change to a more custom setup I'm going to replace my stock 8" with the kicker 8" compr with a custom ported box mounted under deck lid.

Yeah make sure to put a box around it if you can. Pretty much any free air sub is not gonna sound any good compared to anything in a box

Yeah make sure to put a box around it if you can. Pretty much any free air sub is not gonna sound any good compared to anything in a box
yea i was gonna make it kinda the shape of the deck lid and make a mount for it and use rubber bushings everywhere on the lid and sound deadening stuff all over the lid to help eliminate the rattle that it will cause.

Lol that must rattle the hell out of everything back there. That's some good bass right there
Thank you.
Just get Dynamat and nothing will rattle at the back trunk but it's going to cost you a lot to seal the whole trunk or u can just seal the license plate and u should be fine.
But for me I don't turn it all the way though because I live in New Haven.

Back