DIY SUB install (moar power)

did you hook up the little ble wire (remote)? without it there will be no sound
Yes.I got it in with the rear driver side window fuse (hardest thing I've ever did). I have speaker wire just ran in the plug for the OEM sub. Couldn't think of a better way to tie it in to that sub (I want the subwoofer control in the OEM head unit to control its bass level. Due to the fact I transport my mom to her Dr. Appts and my city has a sound ordnance for after 9pm)

Just a heads up... One should NEVER put an amp cable any where near through the door where it opens and closes. Amps cables should ALWAYS be run through the firewall and down inside the car or down the molding internally through the back seat.

There is a huge risk of pinching a cable when the door opens and starting a fire eventually. I will fire an employee if they run the install through a door... or from the looks of these pics through where the door opens and closes.

Just a FYI... always always always go through a firewall for your OWN SAFETY!!! In an EX or EXL model you can typically use the clutch hole because there is no clutch. Otherwise you can generally fish it through a grommet in the front. I'll take a picture where I fished mine through!

Back