Suburban Philadelphia tuning/performance shop recommendations

PaCivicsi

I purchased a 2014 SI sedan in August of last year and I'd like to start doing some performance enhancements. Any recommendations for a reputable tuning/performance shop in the Philadelphia suburbs or southeastern PA in general?

I purchased a 2014 SI sedan in August of last year and I'd like to start doing some performance enhancements. Any recommendations for a reputable tuning/performance shop in the Philadelphia suburbs or southeastern PA in general?

Have you considered eTuning? Or do you need someone to do installs as well?

If I recall right Evans Tuning is in PA somewhere just outside of the Philadelphia area. From what I've read on some other sites and in a few magazines he specializes in Hondas. But if you don't need a shop to do the actual installs everything I've seen so far has pointed to e-tuning as the best, and most cost efficient, option.

If I recall right Evans Tuning is in PA somewhere just outside of the Philadelphia area. From what I've read on some other sites and in a few magazines he specializes in Hondas. But if you don't need a shop to do the actual installs everything I've seen so far has pointed to e-tuning as the best, and most cost efficient, option.

It's 2hr drive from philly to ET.

Evans and prl would both be excellent choices. Evans was a sponsor on another forum I ran, and the users really praised their work.

Vitviper in the vendor section if you're open to etuning.

So e-tuning...tuning the cars chip with a laptop computer & software?

Essentially. You will need to get Flashpro. You hook the Flashpro to your car and your laptop and datalog (record) your engine. You then save the datalog file and send it in to your tuner of choice for modifications to the tune. The tuner adjusts your tune and sends you it back along with a set of instructions for how to run the car while logging. You upload the tune to your car and follow the instructions. You then basically repeat the process of sending and receiving the tune until the tuner and yourself are satisfied that the vehicle is performing optimally.

Essentially its the same thing that a shop would do on a dyno in one day, minus the dyno and some of the extra shop fees. Plus it also gives you the added benefit of using real world conditions and not just the simulated load that the dyno would place on your vehicle.

Back