Subwoofers with OEM Head Unit...Possible?

Adam J

Columbia, Missouri
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 2012 Honda Civi EX Sedan. I want to add a little thump to it but I don't want a whole new head unit, I like what it has. Can I connect an aftermarket subwoofer & amp to the OEM head unit? Are there special parts that I need?

On the topic of subs, has anyone here installed the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 in a Civic with premium audio? or something similar to that product that can share their experience?

On the topic of subs, has anyone here installed the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 in a Civic with premium audio? or something similar to that product that can share their experience?
Honestly I looked into the 3sixty and the JL cleansweep for oem integration but for the price you might as well just swap the head unit to get around the factory equalization.

Honestly I looked into the 3sixty and the JL cleansweep for oem integration but for the price you might as well just swap the head unit to get around the factory equalization.

I would love a aftermarket head unit, but unfortunately, so do thieves. I base my decision of keeping a stock head unit solely on avoiding my system from being a target. It sucks this is the type of world world we live in, but it is.

Hey everyone I work at a futureshop in toronto as an installer and on my 2012 si I used the audio control lc2i its pretty cheap and supplies up to a 9volt pre out as well as turn on for your amps... I used the factory sub speaker wires as my input and a kicker 1000.1 as my amplifier later I realized after some research that the kicker amps have their own high low input and music sensing turn on built in plus the kicker sounded better when I stopped using the audio control module but wit other amps we needed to use the audio control.

Yeah, but with the clean sweep And the 360, you get equalization and you get to keep all your functionality. That's the way I'd go.

Thats true... in that case if eq is what your after then you can use the audio control epi center or the audio control eqs and thise units are from 2012 unlike the 3sixty which is like 10 years old and hard to find and expensive.

Or you can use an amp with high level inputs. This is the amp I'm running and no line output converter is required.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pbr300x2

And I'm running this 10" sub

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p2d2-10

I just tapped into the stock sub wires for the high level input and disconnected the stock sub. I love my setup! Just enough bass to enjoy without overpowering the music. Just a few stops of foam around the trunk and no more rattles.
How do you like this set-up? Satisfied with the sound?

How do you like this set-up? Satisfied with the sound?

I've been happy with my setup since the sub broke in. I was very disappointed at first, but about a week later the sub was broke in and started pounding! The amp is great because the high inputs, small footprint, and it doesn't require a remote wire. I do have the bass level knob installed on my dummy plate near the steering wheel so I can quickly adjust my bass gain. So yeah, I really do enjoy my setup. The sound has plenty of thump, but not too much that requires sound deadening of the vehicle. It's a million times better than the stock sub!

I've been happy with my setup since the sub broke in. I was very disappointed at first, but about a week later the sub was broke in and started pounding! The amp is great because the high inputs, small footprint, and it doesn't require a remote wire. I do have the bass level knob installed on my dummy plate near the steering wheel so I can quickly adjust my bass gain. So yeah, I really do enjoy my setup. The sound has plenty of thump, but not too much that requires sound deadening of the vehicle. It's a million times better than the stock sub!
Interesting. I have an LX so the sound is not the best, to say the least. I<m not looking for pounding sound just a fuller sound that I can turn up a little louder than stock at times.

Just for you...

87B4B24E-3E48-41B7-BBC6-9A6B759755CF-6102-0000016816B33F2F_zpse0d2ce95.jpg

Back