Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

thats 3.3 million without power yesterday in CA- fip the switch-nothing Happens California :rotfl:Rolling two hour blackouts-sounds like iran or afganizistan. Here is a pic of my one step wax-a total win-i like all these companys products- simply excellent-they have maybe 4 different formula's-the toughest sounds like the coating stuff. changing the oil on the VFR interceptor 800 today and cleaning the four throttle body's then coming swimming to dirty up the lake with my stink.:eyebrows:

Attachments

• DSC00565.JPG
    DSC00565.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
third world country California has rolling black out's effecting millions because they use solar power with zero backup plans. CA use to use natural gas to prevent this and generating power. Another great job by idiots-solar power doesn't work at night LOL! Glad I don't leave anywhere near this Banna :brock:Republic's country!:bananawhipdance::bananapoke::bananasplit::bananapop:no power for you:fistpump:
they lost power supplies from other states outside ca. They also only have ~31% from wind/solar etc. 35% is from nat gas, 11% from hydro, 3% coal, and so on.

Spent most of the day on a oil change and throttle body cleaning and checking out tiny things like plastic fastners on the vfr 800. This is not easy to do, cleaned the wheels up and used turtle cremetic wax-it looks pretty good now. That awlful oil window makes it hard to fill the oil correctly, but its spot on at 3.2qts with a Napa platinum over sized oil filter-oh that takes more oil. Bike shops charge so much and sometimes do a poor job-they would have charge a $100 or more to do what i did.:shadycorn: not going to bother with CA any more -its their problems.

Attachments

• DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 4
yeah, california said let's make a bunch of our state desert land that hits record temperatures and next to no annual rainfall. California had 5 cities in the top 50 hottest towns in the US. They also get a lot of their drinking water from the colorado river. It's not like they just have water everywhere to drink.

Sacramento
  • National rank: 45th
  • State rank: 5th
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 73
  • Highest temperature ever recorded: 115 degrees
  • Normal mid-summer high: 92.1 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 73.6 degrees
Stockton, CA
  • National rank: 34th
  • State rank: 4th
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 82
  • Normal mid-summer high: 93.4 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 74.3 degrees
Redding, CA
  • National rank: 17th
  • State rank: 3rd
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 104
  • Highest temperature ever recorded: 118 degrees
  • Normal mid-summer high: 94.9 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 72.1 degrees
Fresno, CA
  • National rank: 13th
  • State rank: 2nd
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 108
  • Highest temperature ever recorded: 113 degrees
  • Normal mid-summer high: 98.4 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 76.7 degrees
Bakersfield, CA
  • National rank: 11th
  • State rank: 1st
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 110
  • Normal mid-summer high: 97.1 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 76.8 degrees

i did do change the vfr 800 oil better than last time. :bleh: Well at least i did something usefull today!

Last edited:
yeah, california said let's make a bunch of our state desert land that hits record temperatures and next to no annual rainfall. California had 5 cities in the top 50 hottest towns in the US. They also get a lot of their drinking water from the colorado river. It's not like they just have water everywhere to drink.

Sacramento
  • National rank: 45th
  • State rank: 5th
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 73
  • Normal mid-summer high: 92.1 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 73.6 degrees
Stockton, CA
  • National rank: 34th
  • State rank: 4th
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 82
  • Normal mid-summer high: 93.4 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 74.3 degrees
Redding, CA
  • National rank: 17th
  • State rank: 3rd
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 104
  • Highest temperature ever recorded: 118 degrees
  • Normal mid-summer high: 94.9 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 72.1 degrees
Fresno, CA
  • National rank: 13th
  • State rank: 2nd
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 108
  • Highest temperature ever recorded: 113 degrees
  • Normal mid-summer high: 98.4 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 76.7 degrees
Bakersfield, CA
  • National rank: 11th
  • State rank: 1st
  • Days per year with at least 90-degree temperatures: 110
  • Normal mid-summer high: 97.1 degrees
  • Normal year-round high: 76.8 degrees
a very good post. I have to think about how temp really effects CA.
the Best part of the day when i finished working on the VFR 800-it seemed to come back to like again- such a sturdy bike. The vfr vtec v4 800 holds longest endurance life of any 800 ever made inclueding larger motorcycles. And wow turtle spray wax is amazing. see the before and after pics.

Attachments

• DSC00567.JPG
    DSC00567.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC00565.JPG
    DSC00565.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
I am trying to get a set of speed bleeders for the 4 wheels and clutch. I don't want to get over charged for them. Using cheap dot 4 instead of honda over priced dot 3. When ever you take the wheel off , you should bleed the brakes, it makes every thing just work better. I am going to call jegs-they seem to have them real cheap.:brock::cucumber::driving: My honda si with the 3 inch full exhaust sounds really nice with lots of pops when i let off the gas. I bet with a catless down pipe even more pops-let see if inspection passes my cat version-if not-i get a catless downpipe because i will be pissed off by then.:bananapoke::domokundance: looking a merc super charger 1900 with cooler said to be good for 10 sec qt miles with a 3100pd car just $6,000 then ad supporting stuff. i figure less than $10,000 for a 10 sec car. Now wouldn't that piss a lot of chargers off.

Last edited:
:bananapoke:Got a upgrade for the brakes coming from jegs- Stainless steel speed bleeders all four wheels and clutch $50 shipped. A decent price for top of the line Russell Brake SS bleeders. This will allow me to allways have perfectly clean brake fluid using dot 4-not using over priced honda dot 3 fluid. Thes saves brake calipers and lines from all kinds of strange problems. I called local parts and none could figure this simple up grade out and get me the parts. You buy the ss bleeders one at a time so you don't have to buy two for the clutch. These bleeders will out last the car and not rust.. i get to stick it to hondas over priced brake fluid:badger::rotfl::ownedrun: Great simple mod every honda owner should do-as it will save you money.
I am looking for some supension mod's , any idea's- not too expensive.???

Last edited:
Speed bleeders have 0 to do with which brake fluid you run; and, I've run them on my other car and am overall not impressed with their performance. Even using a vacuum bleed to pull as much air out as possible, I never felt like the speed bleeders prevented air reintroduction when releasing the pedal as the ball valve shut. The pedal always felt 'off' with speed bleeders. Vacuum bleeding helped; but, I'm going to go back to traditional bleeders with a vacuum to ensure I get all air out.

Also, switching to DOT 4 over DOT 3 to save money is fine; but, you could buy either DOT 3 or DOT 4 pretty much anywhere; the only difference is DOT 4 has a higher boiling point, absorbs less water, and has less viscosity. You don't have to buy it from Honda as almost any auto parts store carries both. If not buying from Honda is your only motivation to switch to DOT 4, you're wasting your time as you can easily buy DOT 3 cheaply off the shelf.

you act as if they're charging $100 for 12 ounces of brake fluid???? OEM dot 3 from honda for under 5 bucks at the dealer.

============

Screenshot_2020-08-24 Brake Fluid.png
Yes you can buy auto zone brand for like half, but other "branded" dot 3 at autozone or similar stores are comparable or even more expensive.

==========
Screenshot_2020-08-24 Brake Fluid - DOT 3 DOT 4 Brake Fluid(2).png

Screenshot_2020-08-24 Brake Fluid - DOT 3 DOT 4 Brake Fluid(1).png
Screenshot_2020-08-24 Brake Fluid - DOT 3 DOT 4 Brake Fluid.png

I suppose everyone has their idea's, I like speed bleeders because they work for me, better than stock one's as you don't want to pump the stock bleeders by your self. I can get dot 4 very cheap. What i do is every time i take the wheel off i bleed the brakes-I don't really care about wasting it either. Junk gets in calipers and sits there and that will screw them up. Honda says replace every two years- thats way too long if you ask me. Honda brake fluid is expensive especially if you have to pay shipping. You don't even have to pump the peddle if your bleeding just a little at a time-let gravity do the work. I also got the SS version-they won't rust ever. And what about the clutch reservoir? You do you bleed that by your self?

And what about the clutch reservoir? You do you bleed that by your self?

I have never used speed bleeders on my clutch; however, since the clutch system has significantly less plumbing compared to the brakes, I tend to gravity bleed it and verify operation thereafter which is very quick. If I need to power bleed it by myself, I'll use a vacuum pump; otherwise, I'll wait until I get a pedal pusher (the tried and true method).

:rockwoot::excited::1:speed bleeders have worked fine for me, You take the tire off open the bleeder and pump it once and thats it-i got the crap out of the caliper. Thats how i do it every time i take off the wheel which is actually a lot more than most people- i all way s run the best tires i can find for the dough. These are Russell bleeders Stainless steel the best you can buy and apparantly very hard to find. I don't like vacum pumps-just more money and they are easy get real dirty:hyper: And my method works a 100%-using cheap dot 4 in the big bottle-some water might get in but i keep flush it out all the time and i never had a problem so there I win:bananawhipdance::bananasplit::box:

Back