Very quick rundown of my setup:

Vittuned 2.95 pulley
Vittuned aftercooler
3.5" PRL CAI
ZDX TB
Vittuned TB adapter
1000cc injectors
colder spark plugs
dw65c fuel pump (I think that's the one we used) <-- Don't mess around here if you go stage2, my understanding is the stock pump will work, but not for long before failing
Full-race catless DP & exhaust

Vit tuned everything on the dyno with intake temps over 100 degrees. I made 305hp on 92 pump gas, and then he backed my timing off just a bit for a margin of safety.

I have a Exedy stage 1 clutch. Vit had a stock clutch let loose in at least one similar car, so I didn't want to mess around and this clutch comes very highly recommended by him and others. I have to say, it's a bit stiffer than stock and my engagement point is closer to the floor (probably could adjust that somewhat), but otherwise it's just like driving on the stock clutch, but holds the power just fine.

As far as driver advice/etc... I also upgraded my brake pads and fluid. Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads front/back and Motul RBF600 fluid. I did this because I caused the factory pads to smoke significantly with some spirited driving on some backroad twisties... I'm happy with the setup and don't mind the extra attention I get when people look over and realize I'm not a dump truck. Oh, and a rear motor mount is a MUST. I also did this before. Hasport 62a and it works great for me. I've got some Boomba dogbones for the top that I haven't put in yet, but need to as I still get some wheel hop that I'm hoping they'll even out.

Regarding gauges. I agree, go with something like Torque on an Android phone, or the equivalent on an iPhone... You could go to dedicated gauges, and it's honestly not a bad idea at all, but I personally don't feel it's necessary and usually don't even use gauges on my phone. I also always carry my bluetooth OBD2 adapter in the car, so in a pinch I can do some on-the-spot fault analysis... YMMV there though, I've been fixing cars due to being a cheapskate for many years, and google is great for common issues...

You stated your power was 300 whp. How did Vit get to the 360 whp on their post? I know they were using E85, but I thought it would be in the 330 whp range.

I've been daily driving my car for over a year with the CTe supercharger. Over 15k miles. And not one hiccup.

I have the 3.15 pulley. Intake. Zdx tb. Skunk2 header. Full race exhaust. And it's great. Even with no aftercooler. Although I do have an aftercooler now which I just bought.

But still. I'd recommend it for a daily no problem. Plenty of pep. Enough to pass the "pace cars" on the interstate. You know what I'm talking about? That one jerk in a Camry doing 45 in the passing lane. And when you go to pass him he speeds up to 75 so you can't. Lol. Yes. That guy stands no chance. By the time he realizes I'm going to pass. I'm already doing 70mph passed him. Lol. It's amazing how mad they get. Then tailgate me at 80 even though they were just doing 45

What clutch did you go with? I have ready everything from stock or stage 1 to stage 4. Thanks!

Back