Tail of the dragon meet 2019

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
For the uninformed, the meet centers around driving the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee / North Carolina. It's a winding U.S. highway centered in the smoky mountains and features 318 turns in 11 miles. More information is here http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

View: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K16YnmJN0fc

We do not have a specific date created for a 2019 meet yet. A few people have asked if a date had been set aside for this year. I wanted to create this thread and see who is serious about having a meet this year, and what date would work for them. We've historically done it from a thursday-sunday in September, but people come and go depending on their schedule.

I'm starting this thread to see what works for people, and if people would like to plan a trip.

[USERGROUP=10]@Registered 31+[/USERGROUP]
[USERGROUP=10]@Registered 31+[/USERGROUP]
please reply here with your availability and interest.

good place to crash LOL- I think I will pass, I need my car for DD LOL!

Been there a few times with my Stealth, really a great time with the right people. I'd be down if I could manage to escape from work long enough to enjoy the trip.

Now that i live in nc, I'm down! Sept time frame should be fine, i just need about 3-4 weeks heads up to get it on the calendar with hopefully the post office (Just checked in with them, still waiting to get access to the system to check employment history...). I have wanted to drive the dragon for a long time though

I go down dragon set cruz control at 10mph in first gear-then won't even need to brake the whole 11 miles-fill my back with 2inch steel when someone hits me I get a lot of insurance money from victim.

It seems like every year I try and go I can never get away from work long enough to make the short drive. Maybe just maybe this year.

I go down dragon set cruz control at 10mph in first gear-then won't even need to brake the whole 11 miles-fill my back with 2inch steel when someone hits me I get a lot of insurance money from victim.

Why would you even consider that? I'm curious to know how old you are... :rolleyes:

Nor a very safe or smart move and I'm pretty sure you could be charged with reckless driving in that scenario going so far under the speed limit... not a good look. Well, off to the store i go

Nor a very safe or smart move and I'm pretty sure you could be charged with reckless driving in that scenario going so far under the speed limit... not a good look. Well, off to the store i go

NC DOT and I believe it is Federal law GS 20-141 or GS 20-146 states the Max and Minimum speed. and the situation given would be assumed careless and reckless driving and can have fines up to $1000 with points on the license, jailed for 60 days and licenses suspended. If you are towing the speeds can be reduced or if broken must stay as far right as possible.

I can understand towing or broken down, but to do it just to do it..... not a good look fam.

On a side note, am i the only person crazy enough to try a Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS 300/400) while playing Wangan Midnight?

I can understand towing or broken down, but to do it just to do it..... not a good look fam.

On a side note, am i the only person crazy enough to try a Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS 300/400) while playing Wangan Midnight?

I didn't even know Midnight club still had games out lol. I have been in the dark for so long on games now. I pre-ordered Fallout 76 and probably have 6 hours playing time .

what's the min and max speed on the dragon? We got Amish wagons going 15mph here, many sink holes-that's span the entire road, tractors going 15-20mph+, very good conditions for lowered cars LOL!

what's the min and max speed on the dragon? We got Amish wagons going 15mph here, many sink holes-that's span the entire road, tractors going 15-20mph+, very good conditions for lowered cars LOL!

That is because a traffic sign is posted to warn traffic of hazards. I grew up in the country were tractors take up the road and depending on the size you notice they move to the right when able?

The Minimum speed on US-129 would vary depending upon the area and road conditions.

Nice action for the video Webster... just makes me laugh how video quality is such bs... we all pay so much money for tv and most stuff is still in 720p which is like 15 years old tec... lol are you kidding me. I wish I could go though my life at the moment would not allow me to partake... To all those that will... Have fun drive hard and always be safe. I don't know how you guys plan on running this but 1 thing I used to do with a few guys was pick our spot and we'd have 1 person at our starting spot and 1 and our stopping part and they were on walkies or phones giving us the all clear and important info before our run... just my 2 cents... no matter what... be safe guy's and girls... keep the ride on your bikes and cars not in an ambulance or morgue.[/QUOTE]

the Dragon is about reckless speed-going as fast as you can on the verge of crashing. Was making a pun about reckless slow speed- which one is more likely to survive?

I didn't even know Midnight club still had games out lol. I have been in the dark for so long on games now. I pre-ordered Fallout 76 and probably have 6 hours playing time .
It's at the arcade around here, but i live the initial d and midnight wangan games away the arcade as well as the anime respectively. I have also been reading translations of mf ghost which is written by the writer of initial d

Ohh I got you, we have a few here in Fayetteville I have been trying to take my son to. I am hoping to take him for his upcoming birthday instead of doing a party.

Count me in! But this time need to pick up @bauer311. He promised me a run up Pikes Peak.

Back