Tail of the dragon meet 2019

Yeah, i got medically retired out of the military, so I'm back in nc looking for work and a house.

Yeah, i got medically retired out of the military, so I'm back in nc looking for work and a house.

Just had some relatives move to the Charlotte area. They love it. And more of that family is right behind them as the exodus from California continues.

As for me, anything within a day's drive to The Moonshiner (Hwy 28) would be close enough. (Or the 276. Or the 215. Or the 281 to name just a few) Best roads are the ones with less traffic and a 55 speed limit. Even the Blue Ridge Pkwy (45mph) can be a sweet ride between 55/60. The 80 out of Black Mtn is dynamite too. That's a 30 where if you do 40 you're having a blast and still not risking prison time.

A large group of us spent a week up there and barely scratched the surface. Driving Heaven.

Hmmm?
a11ef96af0f3eeca9b9e452d14b3fa4c.jpg

not selling the srt-4 just too fast and Lovely, 180+ just can't have too much fun. add 186+ tires Goodyear :fistpump: :cucumber:

I'm down. I got a job interview on base Friday and I'm going top see my brother in Virginia this weekend, but other than that im free all the time.
Nice congrats bro. I'll keep you in the loop and I am sure I'll have questions on my way.

Elmo said he could do 180 over 300HP to the wheels, just needs enough dough to buy the car, my blue neon 2001 with 66,500 miles-its quite rare car 132HP is stuck in mud again-I can drive it out front ways-but reverse is not going to work-just washed the car-waxed the rust spots-scotty told me it keeps the rust under control. Rain is coming Friday will really give me problems. the old john Deere tractor has mud tires. Honda sits safe from mud in garage:squirrel:

Attachments

• P1011309.JPG
    P1011309.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back to Dragon talk. What's the best hotels or cabins people found so far?

I know this was the popular hotel in town.

Quality Inn & Suites
111 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771

The cabins were alright if you have a big group. It was nice to cook out on a grill but no cell coverage. The lodge wasn't bad but more pricey than the cabins.

That's not bad it is about $65 and only 30 minutes from deal's gap.

It's a bit more during peak season I'm sure. But make sure you don't wait when the meet date is set since it gets busy down there (motorcycles/other car enthusiasts).

It's a bit more during peak season I'm sure. But make sure you don't wait when the meet date is set since it gets busy down there (motorcycles/other car enthusiasts).
No doubt, once I find out if I can take leave and go I am going book a room for the weekend. Worse case I got a 6 man tent I can sleep in lol.

Back