Teacher Chat Thread...College, Elementary, Middle, and High School

I feel you. I don't drink coffee, but two Monsters and probably two+ liters of Diet Dew today.

Last edited:
Anybody know of other members who teach?

I think you two have it tougher than I do.

You know, it wasn't so bad today. The first day had me beyond annoyed. So I sent them home after I went through the syllabus...

38 sophomores, btw! 201 level class

38 sophomores, btw! 201 level class

How were they annoying you? Cell phones and chit chat?

I had a terrible group last semester in my big lecture. Lots of bad behavior and bad attitudes. This new group has been great so far!

In general my students are fantastic (some of them are 8th and 9th Civic members) so that one bad group was particularly painful.

That's cool knowing that some of your students are members. You guys should make 9thcivic as your wallpaper so the students can see it when you open a slide presentation. That will be great for advertising!

Just that more than 1/3 hadn't even ordered the textbook, logged into OnCourse (blackboard equivalent), or printed the syllabus and handout as requested (I sent an announcement out). The text comes with an online access code to get into Pearson's MyAccountingLab which is where they will do all their homework, quizzes, and tests. First homework assignment is due tomorrow night and the first quiz is on Sunday night.

Ha ha....I teach the best age group IMO: 8,9 and 10 year olds. Able to work independently and no attitude.

That's cool knowing that some of your students are members. You guys should make 9thcivic as your wallpaper so the students can see it when you open a slide presentation. That will be great for advertising!
Well, I heard about it from them and not the other way around. In fact, one of my old students, who I will not name, told me he couldn't take a test because he was at an 8th Civic Dragon Meet and Fontana Lodge didn't have internet....:think:

Just that more than 1/3 hadn't even ordered the textbook, logged into OnCourse (blackboard equivalent), or printed the syllabus and handout as requested (I sent an announcement out). The text comes with an online access code to get into Pearson's MyAccountingLab which is where they will do all their homework, quizzes, and tests. First homework assignment is due tomorrow night and the first quiz is on Sunday night.
BAH! That stinks!

Well, I heard about it from them and not the other way around. In fact, one of my old students, who I will not name, told me he couldn't take a test because he was at an 8th Civic Dragon Meet and Fontana Lodge didn't have internet....:think:
That's pretty bad. Lol. Did you end up meeting the member at the meet?

Back