Tesla Model S Driving Itself Out Of A Garage

Cool feature to open the garage door and pull out. I would prob never use it since I would exit my home through the garage when going to drive somewhere.

Guess that guy is t hurting for $$$.....

• Staff
My exact thought. Why walk outside to let the car back up when you could just get in the car from the garage?

Ya, if you have to stop it yourself, then why bother. If it was a one touch and the car started for you, backed out and was waiting for you then m a y b e I'd used it. Probably not. Really a useless feature come to think about it.

I've seen cars that will find a parking place in a parking structure after you get out, and come back to where you are standing when you're ready to leave.

From what I've read tesla says the summon feature is going to work across long distances. Perhaps even states away. The car will come to you.

My first thought is if you wanted to drink and had to get a ride home. The next morning you could just summon your car home instead of having to go get it.

Or if your at the mall ready to go. Just summon it to whatever exit you are close too. So many possibilities.

It will even stop at charging stations to charge along the way if it's needed.

Imagine flying to different state. Summoning your car to the airport your landing at. Your car will be there shortly after you. No rental needed.

From the article I read.

All this is “just a baby step in the direction of Summon,” CEO Elon Musk told reporters after the announcement. “Ultimately, you’ll be able to summon your car from anywhere … the car can physically get to you.” Give it two more years, he said, and “you’ll be able to summon your car from across the country.” After that, it’ll sync with your calendar to ensure your ride is waiting when your meeting ends. Summon sets the stage for a self-driving car network of one: Your Tesla’s there when you need it, and you don’t worry about it the rest of the time.

Back