The best driving roads around Chicago

sawthetha

Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Does anyone have a favorite stretch of road around the Chicagoland area where you can go crazy without having to worry about cops? I come from a rural town with country roads abound, so I guess I was spoiled for choice back then. Now I kinda miss driving through scenic areas without traffic.

I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before.
It really depends on what part of the chicagoland area you're talking about...
in/near the city, there's lake shore drive, of course. always fun and USUALLY no place for cops to hide.

then there is I-294, especially late at night, you can have some fun there, but it's not totally free of cops either, you just have to keep an eye out.

I think the only place you'll have absolutely no worries is going out on the 88 West into the cornfields of the Rochelle/DeKalb area (except around NIU)

Other than that, there are little spots here and there in every neighborhood (my favorite is behind some industrial buildings off of north ave in melrose park) but nothing like a very long stretch of road

That's just one of the downfalls of living near a major city.

I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before.
It really depends on what part of the chicagoland area you're talking about...
in/near the city, there's lake shore drive, of course. always fun and USUALLY no place for cops to hide.

then there is I-294, especially late at night, you can have some fun there, but it's not totally free of cops either, you just have to keep an eye out.

I think the only place you'll have absolutely no worries is going out on the 88 West into the cornfields of the Rochelle/DeKalb area (except around NIU)

Other than that, there are little spots here and there in every neighborhood (my favorite is behind some industrial buildings off of north ave in melrose park) but nothing like a very long stretch of road

That's just one of the downfalls of living near a major city.

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. I've been itching to drive in this awesome autumn weather.

I really do miss being able to go on a drive whenever I wanted for a little stress relief.

Back