The Official New England Chat/Event Thread

so i redlined in the car for the first time today. coming off exit 26 getting onto 3 North. Some dumbass wouldnt let me merge over from the off ramp, and kept speeding up next to me as I was trying to get over. I dropped to fourth and then I tried to go to 3rd, but I either went to 2nd or i wasnt in gear but next thing i know I'm redlining. Wasnt for more than a second or two but man its on my mind now got worried lol. Should be fine just still in the back of my head.

Bah! Don't worry about it. I redline mine quite a bit. You will too if you start tuning the car. Plus, the car will cut the fuel if you go hit the rev limiter. Only thing to worry about is if you downshift too far throwing it past the redline. No safety feature here as it is not caused by fuel.

Bah! Don't worry about it. I redline mine quite a bit. You will too if you start tuning the car. Plus, the car will cut the fuel if you go hit the rev limiter. Only thing to worry about is if you downshift too far throwing it past the redline. No safety feature here as it is not caused by fuel.

if you throw it to far and it jumps past the redline, what happens? I heard the "sputter" of the engine when I went down and thats what caught my attention but from what I saw it was just at 7000 rpms. I dont think it went any farther. when I heard the engine i popped it outta gear as quick as i could.

If you are accelerating past redline (7200), the car will cut the fuel off temporarily to drop the rpms. This is the sputtering you felt most likely. If you downshift and the engine goes past redline, you can do some damage as everything is spinning too fast for a particular gear and cutting the fuel won't help.

If you are accelerating past redline (7200), the car will cut the fuel off temporarily to drop the rpms. This is the sputtering you felt most likely. If you downshift and the engine goes past redline, you can do some damage as everything is spinning too fast for a particular gear and cutting the fuel won't help.

ah ok. everything should be fine (i hope). car seemed to drive fine after it, went on down the road bout 8 miles after it happened. just always weary when it comes to the redline since it can cause damage.

ah ok. everything should be fine (i hope). car seemed to drive fine after it, went on down the road bout 8 miles after it happened. just always weary when it comes to the redline since it can cause damage.

If it is just the fuel cutoff kicking in, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. That is what it is there for.

been quiet in here. any buzz of any meets?

Any car shows happening around here? I'm in NH, but I have no problem driving 4 hours for a good car show.

hey guys im going in to boston on friday to celebrate my girls birthday and were going to the science museum and the aquarium. im thinking about parking in riverside and taking the t in. is that a good idea and what stop would i be getting off at for the museum?

Was up in Worcester, MA, this past weekend. I saw a red FB6 with whale tail and tow hook pulling into a parking garage.

I have a CBP FB6, windows visors, NJ plate (no front plate), and retrofitted lights w/ yellow fogs. I had my lights turned on while driving and I was driving behind a CBP FB6 with Mugen style window visors. Is it anyone on here???

Back