Thinking about purchasing a '13 Civic Si

civic ess eye

CentralFlorida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi everyone, I would like your input on a car purchase. I currently have a 2011 Mini Cooper S. The car has been great so far, lots of fun to drive, and covered under warranty. Minis are not known for being very reliable, and I am looking at a used Civic Si with only 6,000 miles on it. I have owned many Hondas over the years, including a '85 Civic S, and a 2002 S2000. My wife currently drives a 2010 Accord EX-L. The performance between the Cooper and the Civic look very similar. I tracked my Mini 3 times, and had a blast. If I bought the Civic, I would do the same thing. Also, I love the way the Mini community gets together, especially the annual meet at the Tail of The Dragon. Any thoughts?

Hi :wavey: from reading what all you have said I think you would love the Civic Si. I certainly love driving mine :vtec: As far as community, the community here is really awesome. This site is full of helpful and knowledgable people and I have quite enjoyed my time here so far!
Browse through the site and look at some build threads or some DIY articles for some ideas of what you could do to this car. If you haven't previously modified your past car I'm sure the mod bug will bite you on this one :thumb:

While I personally did not participate this site did have a meet at the Tail of The Dragon and you can look at that in its own section of the forum!
Another cool thing- the site had 12 days of Xmas, and I was lucky enough to win for one of the days! You can look at that in the forum as well. Hopefully you'll see how good this community is :brock:

Hope this helps and I'm sure other members will chime in!

hands down this is the best community i have ever been a part of. as @sneaksandshades said we have a dragon meet but i did not attend either. there are local meets constantly during the summer and hear there really arent any flamers. everyone here is kind, knowledgeable and willing to help.

as far as the car i love my honda and probably will never drive anything else but hondas from here on out because of this car. i drive an lx because thats all i could afford when i went to buy. my next car will be a 2017 si when my loan is up. :) but if i love the look and feel of the civics nice zippy little cars.

and welcome by the way!

Hey man welcome. I just bought myself a 2013 Civic Si Sedan 2 days ago and I love it. I have pushed my civic pretty hard just on the streets and not to the track yet and it corners really well, and its quite fun. You'll enjoy the car.

Welcome to the site. We'll be doing our 3rd annual dragon meet this September, if you're into the dragon. We ran the same event on the 8th gen site, so many of the users are now on their 9th annual civic meet. There are all kinds of car owners that show up, so it's not just civics. Just a bunch of car enthusiasts.

Forum from last year -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/tail-of-the-dragon-ii-sept-2013.159/

I'd definitely go take one for a test drive and see what you think. Quite a bit of aftermarket options also available if you're into modding. Some links in my signature.

looking forward to seeing your progress man

I have a 2013 Si and it's pretty awesome, I'd wait out and get the 2014 however since it will have blindspot camera, 18's and red insert seats.

Back