Those with camber bolts in the front. Need your help

EJ8*

I'm lowered on skunk2 springs and want to run more camber in front for my 245 tires. I already have one eibach camber bolts up front. I just bought anyone to have two on each side. Question is when I installed the second bolt for the bottom of the strut. It made no different. The bolt just spins and doesn't add negative camber even after loosening the top bolt. Does the bolts only correct camber (positive) and doesn't add more negative camber?

Those people who had camber bolts and added more camber please chin in

Does anyone has camber top hat installed on stock struts

@RedShiftChris would be the guy to ask. I'm at a loss for help since 2 bolts per side should give you quite a bit of neg camber and definitely more than just one.

Make sure the washer is installed correctly. That bolt definitely should give you lots more extra camber. And you may have to rotate or otherwise change the other bolt in order to install the 2nd bolt because they can work against each other in such a way that you cannot turn one and make a change without uninstalling or messing with the other one.... think of it... you cannot move the holes the bolts are going through, but the bolts are trying to do exactly that... so it's a bit of a fight until you figure out how it can all go together to do what you want.

Watch my video here about how to use camber bolts:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOQssvQ0x9A

Hope that helps. :)
Chris

Make sure the washer is installed correctly. That bolt definitely should give you lots more extra camber. And you may have to rotate or otherwise change the other bolt in order to install the 2nd bolt because they can work against each other in such a way that you cannot turn one and make a change without uninstalling or messing with the other one.... think of it... you cannot move the holes the bolts are going through, but the bolts are trying to do exactly that... so it's a bit of a fight until you figure out how it can all go together to do what you want.

Watch my video here about how to use camber bolts:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOQssvQ0x9A

Hope that helps. :)
Chris

That helped a lot but when tighten down the bolts there is a space between the head of the bolt and the washer because the little thing that indeeds against the strut knuckle is there so I just tighten it and close the space or is there always a space between there after I torque it down? I'll get a picture to explain later since I suck at explaining things lol

Thanks

That helped a lot but when tighten down the bolts there is a space between the head of the bolt and the washer because the little thing that indeeds against the strut knuckle is there so I just tighten it and close the space or is there always a space between there after I torque it down? I'll get a picture to explain later since I suck at explaining things lol

Thanks

how big are the bolts ?

16/14 mm ?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That little tab off the washer MUST sit down in the hole. Do not tighten it without that tab in the hole... when you spin the washer, it changes camber too (like the bolt).

Si is 16mm. EX/LX is 14mm. On the 8thGen Civic (06-11), all are 14mm including the Si.

Chris

thanks guys, which on do you think I should go with because I've never seen ones like these (616-1053)
they have these at CarQuest

> 16mm Bolts, Single Offset, Minus 1-3/4 Degree To Plus 1-3/4 Degree (616-1038)
>
> 16mm Bolts, Double Offset, Plus or Minus 2-1/2 Degree (616-1053)

edit: I used the 1053's

WP_20131213_08_58_16_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
The camber bolts I got from Eibach look exactly like part number (616-1038) the ones on the left. Install should be a no brainer, but I have noticed that most of the kits I've seen don't have the rectangle plate.

Back