Tinting laws

TBravery

Tint laws say that you can't tint the rear tail lamps nor have tints lower than 75% VLT on the front side windows.

I'm think of getting 40% tints on the front side windows and want to assess the possibility of getting a ticket for that.

Have you ever gotten a ticket for having a dark tint / tail lamp tint?

You might want to let us know what state you live in........... The tint laws vary from state to state........ Also you could google tint laws for your state.

Varies a lot by the town you live in, and how picky the police are. I've been pulled over for tint & ticked in some towns, while others don't seem to care one bit. In some towns I'll be sitting at a red light next to a cop and they do nothing despite the fact that my current tint is too dark. You'll probably need to talk to some local people for advice. Usually, you can get a warning for a first offense. Essentially they'll have you take the tint off the vehicle, or face fines if you have any future traffic stops. Where you can get into trouble is if you have a moving violation. Say you're pulled over for speeding or whatever... then they can easily fine you for tint, or whatever else. Some places are just more strict.

california law makers need to cool it :banghead:

brb can't eat an orange in a bathtub nor own a nunchuck. California is sunny as hell and the darkest is 75% (or 70%). Might as well put plastic food wrap on my windows.

does anyone know what % are the stock windows tinted on a factory '12 civic? 85%?

Here in Colorado, max tint you can "legally" have is 27% for your driver and passenger windows. The back windows can be as dark as you want. Plus, no mirror tints, certain colors, etc. I have friends who have darker tint that never got pulled over for it, but got it added to a speeding ticket... When I lived in Florida, I was told by a cop neighbor that the city only had two machines to verify how dark the tint was. He said in 6 years he never gave a ticket for over tinting.

I live in Northern California front windows can't be anything less than 70%. So I did 70 on the fronts and 50 using Viper Solar film installed professionally. I wanted the UV protection. I even had my front windshield tinted at first then had them re-do it in the clear with UV protection for law reasons. It was cool but was concerned about night driving.

Aren't our glass have UV protection already? Because I noticed "UV" was stamped on the windows. Still getting my windows tinted anyway.

Here is a link to tint laws around the states:

http://www.tintlaws.com/

Back