Totaled?

Loppysaurusrex

Got into an accident, person in front of me rear ended someone, speed limit was 70 and I was about 2-3 car lengths away, didn't have enough time to stop and I ran into the back of them

Airbags were amazing, I didn't feel anything upon impact and I think I hit at ~30-40 mph

3f93e7df4ba253862049a3d33868234c.jpg
d18034cfeeef6d6f6b01f4f497e1ca0e.jpg

Glad you are ok. Sucks about the car and since the airbags did deploy, I would bet the insurance company is going to total it. Sad day.:(

Glad you are ok. Sucks about the car and since the airbags did deploy, I would bet the insurance company is going to total it. Sad day.:(
Dammit, I'll probably end up getting a civic hatchback sport manual, it's supposedly really nice but I'll have to reinstall my subwoofer, and the audio system in the sport is likely a downgrade from the 9th gen SI

i'm glad everyone is ok but damn does it suck to go out like this.

Sorry to see the car like that. Glad everyone was ok. Based on the pic, I'd wager it'll probably be totaled. That's quite a bit of damage to the front, plus the cost of airbags. Keep us posted

Glad you're alright. Hopefully the car will pull through.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Insurance may fix it. Similar situation happened to me.(car in front smacked the person in front, brake lights never went off and I wasn’t paying enough attention and couldn’t react fast enough) damage look similar to mine and it was fixed.

Glad you are okay but if that was my car... I'd rather it be totaled.

I am in a conundrum

I found a 2017 mazda 3 grand touring hatchback with a 6 speed for an excellent price and tons of awesome features

But I also found a blue 9th gen fb6 and I get too many fuzzy feelings looking at it

What do? =(

I am in a conundrum

I found a 2017 mazda 3 grand touring hatchback with a 6 speed for an excellent price and tons of awesome features

But I also found a blue 9th gen fb6 and I get too many fuzzy feelings looking at it

What do? =(
Have they told you they're going/not going to repair it?

Have they told you they're going/not going to repair it?
Not finding out until tomorrow but it's starting to look likely that it's going to be totaled, I can't even move the shifter in the car which isn't a good sign

I'd see what they're doing to offer you as a payoff (if it's totaled) and then weigh your options. Test drive some stuff and compare what's out there.

Tried to take a look at the 10th gens today, but the dealer says they won't be ready to drive for 3-5 more days, they do seem really nice though interior wise, exterior just looks awful compared to the fb6 though...

Update: Drove a tenth gen SI today and I hated it, don't know how but the turbo lag and the rev hang combined with the pathetically light clutch turned me off completely from the car. That and I didn't feel that warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it that I got from looking at my 9th and the Mazda 3. It handles nice but the small bump in power isn't worth trading in a naturally aspirated engine.

Going to check out the Mazda 3 2.5 manual hatch tomorrow, if I don't like that I'm sliding back into the comfy womb of an orange fb6 in my area.

Last edited:
Weird how everyone seems on the same page about the 10th gen lol

If it had 250 hp the turbo lag would be worth it but at 205 the bump in torque is worthless when you realize you have to wait for the turbo to spool up for it.

I also noticed that by the time I was reving and having fun I hit the limiter and fuel cutoff which was such a buzzkill.

Who knows how I'll feel about the 2.5L skyactiv, 185lb-ft at 3100 rpm is beefy, even if it is 20 hp short of my 9th gen.

Back