Transmission fill plug

ndowens

I had my transmission fluid changed about two weeks ago. Before it had it done, I kept finding my trans fill plug popped out. For a little while after fluid was changed, I would check for some days to see if it has popped out and it didn't. After a little bit I quit checking on it, as I thought maybe the old fluid was creating too much pressure and popping it out, and the new fluid didn't create as much pressure and was fine. Today I decided to check it again, and behold it was popped out again.

When I had the trans serviced, I asked them to look at the pressure cap because of research seems to be the cause of the fill plug coming out. The CS rep at the Honda dealer, when I asked about the pressure cap, said it was fine. Is there something else I can do to keep the fill cap from coming out? I want to minimize the junk that gets in the trans.
Also the possibly it is the actual fill plug that is wearing out? I couldn't find it on rockauto or other retail chains that may have a replacement for it.

Edit: Ordered Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P43PJPE
so here is to hoping it fits better

Last edited:
It seems to be common. Quite a few people have had this issue. It can be that the vent is plugged, or it can also be the plug itself. Hopefully the new plug solves it.

It seems to be common. Quite a few people have had this issue. It can be that the vent is plugged, or it can also be the plug itself. Hopefully the new plug solves it.
I did put in the new plug and so far it has solved the issue; maybe others will find this thread, that has this issue and try it.

Found mine unplugged as well at 80k miles. who knows how long its been like that. very worried dust has already gotten in :/

Anyways, if anyone just wants to buy them new. Some comments mention the new plugs have a stronger seal. I also bought a new vent.

plug: 25615-5T0-004
vent: 21396-P20-000

Reactions: Dad
Back