True-Type Coilover for 9th Gen?

momo

Chicago, IL
Is there any actual coilover out there? I know for our cars we have that "special" rear suspension that makes it so that our rear coilovers are seperate (shock and spring are seperate).

But is there any company out there that makes a true type coilover? where both the front and rear look like traditional coilovers (shock and spring are one unit)

I currently have the normal BC coilovers which are fine. But i was just curious.

This question came up after seeing a picture from @axion_industries about their drag car which had custom true type coilovers.

It's definitely doable, but I don't think the rear shock towers are designed for a strut spring combo.

Reactions: Nix
Thing is, the car is designed for the forces of the spring to be carried in a certain location. Its just smart to use the stock spring "mounts" to carry the weight of the car where it was meant to be. Unless you're needing clearance for something in particular I would not second guess the Honda engineers on where to support the weight of the car. The strut mounts themselves are not very thick in the rear.

There are reasons for both setups. If you're looking at a track setup and need certain performance options they are out there. I know the @axion_industries build is pretty awesome but its also very very track focused.

Just something to keep in mind.

There are no potholes on the track.

Back