Tsudo exhaust questions..

live2dyeC4

so i've recently came into some extra money and wanted to get a new exhaust and intake for my Si..

I've decided on the Tsudo exhaust mainly because the Full Race is so much more expensive and i don't mind the loudness of the Tsudo but love the sound of both!

my question is do i need to buy a new downpipe for the Tsudo exhaust to fit?

thank you everyone.

so i've recently came into some extra money and wanted to get a new exhaust and intake for my Si..

I've decided on the Tsudo exhaust mainly because the Full Race is so much more expensive and i don't mind the loudness of the Tsudo but love the sound of both!

my question is do i need to buy a new downpipe for the Tsudo exhaust to fit?

thank you everyone.

323 and AlienPrime both have the Tsudo.

what would be the positive to get a new dp w/ the tsudo? better gains?

Less restriction. Which would lead to better gains. I have a Full-Race dp and exhaust and have noticed that the jerkiness when letting off the gas pedal and slightly putting your foot on it is gone, rev hang is reduced, shifting is smoother, and it pulls like you wouldn't believe when hitting 4ish k rpms and into VTEC.

so since the DP and the Takeda intake are similar enough in price; which two would you guys prefer?

takeda intake or DP?

not having the DP, does it make shifting/rev hang worse compared to the stock system? as long as it doesnt make the things squiggy said worse than the stock.. i wont mind.

Absolutely go with the DP first!

Nothing should be worse from any of these additions. Your power bands may shift around a bit, but that is it.

Restriction starts in the inlet flow. So I'd say to get the intake before the downpipe. Power is also pretty noticeable with just an intake as a very first mod. Getting both intake and downpipe will change the car drastically. The existence of inflow restriction (intake) and smog restriction (dp) will be completely gone.

i'm registered in a county where e-checks are required... i would absolutely have to get a DP with a cat then right? i'm looking on Full Race's website now at them

Restriction starts in the inlet flow. So I'd say to get the intake before the downpipe. Power is also pretty noticeable with just an intake as a very first mod. Getting both intake and downpipe will change the car drastically. The existence of inflow restriction (intake) and smog restriction (dp) will be completely gone.

Have you seen the restriction coming off the upper cat? I would say it is more beneficial to address that before an intake.

2013-07-14-09-11-37-jpg.24897

I've seen it. Lol. The intake is a maze though.

Granted, I have the exhaust too, but I think the pros that I listed above outweigh what an intake would provide. Just my 2¢.

all im seeing are 3" dp's, since the tsudo exhaust is only 70m, would that matter? should i wait for tsudo to release their 3' for coupes? or does it not really matter all that much?

Last edited:
all im seeing are 3" dp's, since the tsudo exhaust is only 70m, would that matter? should i wait for tsudo to release their 3' for coupes? or does it not really matter all that much?

The 70mm Tsudo will bolt right on the 3" DPs. There was an announcement that Tsudo will come out with a 3" catback system, but I'm not sure when.

What Dar-Dar said. As far as if you may sacrifice gains, I would imagine a little due to a bit of restriction from the step down in diameter but am not sure about the answer on that one...

323 has a 3" DP and the 70mm Tsudo installed on his Si.

no problem here with my 3" downpipe going to the 70mm (2.75") exhaust.
I cant imagine a fourth of an inch can make that much difference...
and personally I love both the exhaust and downpipe.

when I started my mods, I started with an intake (noticeable gain)
then I did the exhaust (even more noticeable)
then I finished with the downpipe...and with that being the last restrictive bolt-on...you could REALLY feel the difference.

then it all changes again with a good tune :)

Back