Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

Nice. I have a set of '12 WRX wheels & tires that I use for my summer setup. I wanted to use the '12 WRX wheels as my winter wheels but I got a great deal and they already had tires. I did have an issue with the OEM wheel weights rubbing my coilovers. I fixed that with getting them re-balanced.

So far I haven't had any other issues. The car is pretty much bone stock otherwise. I decided I'm not going to put any more real money into it as I don't see myself having it very long in the grand scheme. Plus I came from a Ridgeline before this so where other people see the LGT as an unruly pig it's just fine for me.

Alabama doesn't get snow do they? I don't think so... Haha

Curtain call. Never heard it put like that before lol
With an EJ25, its not if but when you gotta pull it apart, you have been one of the lucky few, but the future owner will probably beat on it and cause the inevitable.

So far I haven't had any other issues. The car is pretty much bone stock otherwise. I decided I'm not going to put any more real money into it as I don't see myself having it very long in the grand scheme. Plus I came from a Ridgeline before this so where other people see the LGT as an unruly pig it's just fine for me.

I had my LGT for nearly 4 years, it handled fine for what I did to it, but the miles were racking up to 100K and I wanted to go back to a manual trans. For some reason all of my turbo Subarus didn't strike me as a car I wanted to keep long term (5+ years), my goal is to eventually get something that I want to keep for a long time, the BRZ is a good candidate, but idk about the Fiesta ST.

I had my LGT for nearly 4 years, it handled fine for what I did to it, but the miles were racking up to 100K and I wanted to go back to a manual trans. For some reason all of my turbo Subarus didn't strike me as a car I wanted to keep long term (5+ years), my goal is to eventually get something that I want to keep for a long time, the BRZ is a good candidate, but idk about the Fiesta ST.

I'm sitting pretty at just a hair over 34k miles right now. Picked up last February with just 18,600 miles on it roughly. Talk about a lucky find, a comprehensive service record, CPO, and a little background search on the first owner revealed it was an older gentleman who didn't really understand what he had. Quite frankly for the price I snagged it I don't think the dealer really knew either. Down at the Dragon I had no problem by the third day keeping up with some fast cars down there. Sure I felt the car swaying a little but the traction and grip kept me in line. I'm well aware of the issues the EJ's have, so I keep a close eye on things. But I also meticulously maintain it so hopefully that helps.

I've been on the fence for quite awhile about autocross. Keith is trying hard to sell me on it. But this is my only car, and I am really iffy about it. I keep getting told the Dragon is far riskier etc... but I'm ok with that for some reason. The new W is looking mighty tempting though. Honestly I'd love to get a BRZ as a weekend/dedicated track car. I can dream.

Why not? :confused:

Nice. I have a set of '12 WRX wheels & tires that I use for my summer setup. I wanted to use the '12 WRX wheels as my winter wheels but I got a great deal and they already had tires. I did have an issue with the OEM wheel weights rubbing my coilovers. I fixed that with getting them re-balanced.
Because of winter? You don't get winter in Alabama...or did mr. EJ25 give the curtain call?

Alabama doesn't get snow do they? I don't think so... Haha

Curtain call. Never heard it put like that before lol

i believe subaru didnt put any trans fluid in (or not enough at least) i heard a noise one day that sounded like a rod knock, but it was coming from the trans. took a quart of fluid to put it back on the dip stick, no leaks in the trans. so took it to a local guy that had it for a month and never touched it so i took it back. then i bought a used transmission and put it in and the throwout bearing messed up and ate the snout on the new trans, so i warrantied it and got a new one and putting it back in tomorrow.

ynu5ajav.jpg

Now that the snow is melting the dirt roads are nice and muddy!

I think I've stalled half a dozen times on the slightest of inclines with it lol. I've drove a manual for over decade and feel like I'm 15 again. Maybe I don't get it yet but it makes things kinda stupid, if you ask me..

Doesn't it just hold the car from rolling backward on a hill?

Yea for like 2 or 3 seconds after you release the brake. Idn I don't like it. I've never had issues on hills before but now that I've stalled this many times. I'm blaming it! lol

It apples the brakes and you have to compensate with the clutch and gas. it takes forward momentum to release it. if you have been driving standards for a long time you will hate it!

Bah!! that Jason character doesn't know shtt. :)

nicely done. Oh yea, you'll be back in a subaru performance car

Thanks for posting the video... I definitely gotta hang out with you guys soon. Also I'd wait to see how the 15 Mustang is. Though I suspect the turbo 4 model will be well above 30k. Still gonna be worth a look see, I know I'll be looking at it.

Back