Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

1d9QIC4.jpg

A report out of Japan claims that Subaru is readying something very special with the next-generation WRX STI and will look to make it more capable than ever before.

It is understood that the flagship WRX STI will feature a 2.4-liter turbocharged boxer engine with no less than 400 HP. That is a significant jump up from the 310 HP and 290 lb-ft (393 Nm) of torque of the current car. Interestingly, it is claimed that Subaru isn’t just moving to an enlarged 2.4-liter engine for more power but also because the 2.4-liter is said to be more efficient and has better driveability.

In all likelihood, this potent version of the 2.4-liter engine, which is actually derived from the engine used by the Ascent, will be mated exclusively to a six-speed manual transmission that will probably be an updated version of the gearbox used by the current STI.

Meanwhile, the lesser Subaru WRX is also expected to use a version of the same 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. It will be detuned but should offer up more than the 268 HP and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of the current WRX. It will be available with a six-speed manual and an upgraded CVT. Horsepower and torque figures aren’t mentioned although Car Sensor does claim the car’s CVT can’t handle more than 295 lb-ft (400 Nm).

The report asserts the new models will launch in early 2022.

It is understood that the flagship WRX STI will feature a 2.4-liter turbocharged boxer engine with no less than 400 HP. That is a significant jump up from the 310 HP and 290 lb-ft (393 Nm) of torque of the current car.

They need to do something to keep up with the the other companies.

They need to do something to keep up with the the other companies.
at this point, what do you even consider a competitor to the sti though? The RS is cancelled, the evo is cancelled, ... the golf R?

at this point, what do you even consider a competitor to the sti though? The RS is cancelled, the evo is cancelled, ... the golf R?

Yeah Golf R and I guess the Civic Type R.

Not sure what else these days.

Plenty of cars for potential competition.

VW Golf GTI/R
Audi A3/S3/RS3
Honda Civic Si/Type R
Hyundai Veloster N
Toyota Supra
BMW 3/M Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess I just look at the 4 door sedan/ awd factor as a different market to some of those

Beauty! Bet she's fun on gravel roads too! *ouch* - Makes me cringe up for the paint. Would still love to buy a banger and do some AWD runs on some gravel! Would be cool to see a k24 turbo in there like BoostedBois!

Beauty! Bet she's fun on gravel roads too! *ouch* - Makes me cringe up for the paint. Would still love to buy a banger and do some AWD runs on some gravel! Would be cool to see a k24 turbo in there like BoostedBois!

The paint? I'm sure that's the least of their worries lmao

so it's a STI, but that's about all I can tell from that pile of metal. Person had to be going extremely fast to cause that much damage

Damn! :eek: This Forester protected the driver & his wife.

"Old pickup turned left into is when they had the red. Bang boom"

kxZF85k.jpg

Back