Type R Crash At The Ring

Wow. They both got out and walked. Probably going to be very very banged up the next day but man..... pretty serious crash to hop out and hobble away from. Passenger who got out first was definitely limping.

sure hope he submits an insurance claim

• Staff
sure hope he submits an insurance claim
hopefully they had coverage for the ring.

Unless you have specific cover for the Nurburgring, UK general insurers will not pay to repair your car if you crash there.

Looks like a rumble I once had back in the day with one of my 90 Celica ALL TRAC's. Everything happened so fast, but from my driver's perspective it felt like an eternity.
Glad to see that these guys were ok though.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If you wreck on the "ring" you're responsible not only for your car but also for any damage you do the course and also for paying the tow fee to get your heap off the track. The tow company is called Bongard and they are famous enough to have a fan page.

We should all be so lucky as to have the chance to join "The Bongard Club."

https://www.facebook.com/TheBongardClub/

Wreck and get billed for the barriers you hit and the tow. Ouch! Plus your car is wrecked.

If you wreck on the "ring" you're responsible not only for your car but also for any damage you do the course and also for paying the tow fee to get your heap off the track. The tow company is called Bongard and they are famous enough to have a fan page.

We should all be so lucky as to have the chance to join "The Bongard Club."

https://www.facebook.com/TheBongardClub/

Wreck and get billed for the barriers you hit and the tow. Ouch! Plus your car is wrecked.

Saw a post where an ITR blew a fuse which killed the engine. 355 euros to get towed back!!!

My local Honda manager said dealers are expecting about 1000 Type R's total, or about "one" -- a single Type R -- for each dealer. And those will say "sold" as soon as you see it.
The idea from Honda, he said, was more for testing purposes than anything else.

Word is, $45,000+ for MSRP, plus another $5,000 - $10,000 for dealer markup or options.

(GeeWhiz, Wally... how much for one?)

sources I've talked to said 35-39k range is the target

Based on the video, it would be nice to have a rare model but in reality I would prefer to drive a clone just in case such an event happened.
A clone built to the hill for those costs.

My local Honda manager said dealers are expecting about 1000 Type R's total, or about "one" -- a single Type R -- for each dealer. And those will say "sold" as soon as you see it.
The idea from Honda, he said, was more for testing purposes than anything else.

Word is, $45,000+ for MSRP, plus another $5,000 - $10,000 for dealer markup or options.

(GeeWhiz, Wally... how much for one?)

Posted in wrong area. So the guy who said all 4 CTRs that his dealership contact said they had pre-sold might be telling a "little white lie"!!!

Back