Type R Teaser

I think it would be worth it, from a standpoint of the complete driving experience. It may have less power yes, but when you drive it, compared to subarus or maybe a genesis, does it compare? That will remain to be seen I guess. It will definitely be worth driving multiple vehicles and compare them to it.
Power would no longer be an issue. Just the fact you'd be paying a similar price for a FWD vehicle.

A private source of ours, close to the action, says otherwise. Parts maybe, but not the car.

A private source of ours, close to the action, says otherwise. Parts maybe, but not the car.
I'd agree. Couple dealer friends say it won't happen. Supposedly Acura may be looking to bring back some sort of performance line. ..doubt that though.

1RKxmdc.jpg

UK Customers Wanting Type R Must Pay £3,000 Deposit

Honda has announced that the upcoming Civic Type R can be ordered in the UK, but those who want one must hurry up and place their order.

The automaker says there’s “unprecedented demand” for the new Type R ahead of its 2015 launch, so it has decided that customers must pay a deposit of £3,000 (approximately $4,700) at their local dealer to make sure they get one.

Arriving in the UK dealerships in 2015, the all-new hot-hatch promises to be the most extreme and high-performing Type R in the model’s 22 year history. Developed and engineered for European drivers, the car will be built at Honda’s plant in Swindon, UK.

The new Type R will mark the debut of the new “+R” button, among other features. Located to the side of the steering wheel, a press activates “+R” mode which provides, according to Honda, “the most exhilarating driving experience.” The mode heightens engine responsiveness, changing torque-mapping to a more aggressive and performance-focused setting, and makes steering more responsive.

The Honda Civic Type R will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter i-VTEC engine producing more than 280 PS (276hp). The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission driving the front wheels. Honda says the new hot hatch “will deliver unmatched performance compared to any previous Type R car” including the “iconic performance-oriented versions of the Integra, Accord and even the NSX.”

In europe they also have Seat Leon Cupra R, VW Golf R, Renault Clio R, VW Scirocco R. A lot of great choices that we will never get here.:(

We will get a type r too. Soon. And if not a type r atleast a turbocharged Si

Trust me we won't get a Type R in states. Next Si is supposed to be DCT only.:thumbsdown:

It's still automatic!!! I'll keep my 9th Civic or buy something else.

that person also claims we'll see a 6speed type r though

Back