Upgrade NAVI Civic Si 2015 in a Civic 2013 EX

Daniel Bustillo

Hello, it's my first post, I have a question about my new Navi, I installed the Navi of a 2015 Civic SI in my 2013 Civic EX,
IMG_20230117_111155.jpgIMG_20221213_061311.jpgas a first problem it didn't give the audio because the Navi of the Civic Si comes with another amplifier, it has premium audio, I managed to solve it by installing an external amplifier
IMG_20230117_112845.jpg(sorry for the cables, it's not finished yet), the 2015 Civic navi doesn't have RCA, so I spliced all the audio outputs and connected them to the amplifier since it does have a connector apart from the RCA,
IMG_20230115_090334.jpg connect the remote line of the amplifier to the fuse box in the cabin and finally connect the lines of the positive battery and ground as for any other amplifier, now it sounds very good now. (That's the diagram)
IMG_20230117_115605.jpg

Now the main reason why I changed the factory radio for the Navi was the camera, my girlfriend doesn't look very well behind with the IMID camera, so I wanted the Navi to have a better rear view, but I couldn't to make it work,

IMG_20230115_100845.jpg

1665202456456 copia.png
1.png
copia YLtecKo .pngqrOURVI copia.png

splice the 4 wires of the IMID from the A connector to the J and B connectors of the Navi it didn't work, it still shows no connection, has anyone had the same problem?, will I have to do a splice for all the connections from the IMID to the Navi?, or do you have any idea what I could do to make it work?.

I would really appreciate your help, thank you very much for reading this post, excuse my level of English, I'm from Honduras and I don't speak English very well.

Hello, it's my first post, I have a question about my new Navi, I installed the Navi of a 2015 Civic SI in my 2013 Civic EX,
View attachment 65628View attachment 65629as a first problem it didn't give the audio because the Navi of the Civic Si comes with another amplifier, it has premium audio, I managed to solve it by installing an external amplifier
View attachment 65630(sorry for the cables, it's not finished yet), the 2015 Civic navi doesn't have RCA, so I spliced all the audio outputs and connected them to the amplifier since it does have a connector apart from the RCA,
View attachment 65631 connect the remote line of the amplifier to the fuse box in the cabin and finally connect the lines of the positive battery and ground as for any other amplifier, now it sounds very good now. (That's the diagram)
View attachment 65632

Now the main reason why I changed the factory radio for the Navi was the camera, my girlfriend doesn't look very well behind with the IMID camera, so I wanted the Navi to have a better rear view, but I couldn't to make it work,

View attachment 65633

View attachment 65634
View attachment 65635
View attachment 65636View attachment 65637

splice the 4 wires of the IMID from the A connector to the J and B connectors of the Navi it didn't work, it still shows no connection, has anyone had the same problem?, will I have to do a splice for all the connections from the IMID to the Navi?, or do you have any idea what I could do to make it work?.

I would really appreciate your help, thank you very much for reading this post, excuse my level of English, I'm from Honduras and I don't speak English very well.
I realize this doesn’t help 100%, but take a look through this thread. People look at options for using the navigation screen instead of the imid. @jasonandre - did you ever get further with the Navi screen testing?

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-rearview-camera-a-first-look.6098/

Nuevo diagrama 2.pngNuevo diagrama 1.png

Hello Webby and JesseFB6, thanks for answering, I saw the link that you sent Webby, I had already had the idea of connecting the other cables, tomorrow I will connect the rest of the cables mentioned in the link, I will send the results when i finish.
I realize this doesn’t help 100%, but take a look through this thread. People look at options for using the navigation screen instead of the imid. @jasonandre - did you ever get further with the Navi screen testing?

i think i wanna do this. not me personally but have someone do it rather

Well I never spent much time going down that rabbit hole once I realized that the physical connectors on the nav unit mainboard didn't exist. I was mainly interested in something simple like "plug, play, done", and that just wasn't going to be the case with the 2012 nav unit.

My limited research was only for the 2012, and from what I remember, the camera plugged directly into the nav unit and not the imid. Things may have obviously changed after 2012.
To elaborate a bit, the nav unit board had the silk screen imprint of where the camera connector was supposed to be soldered down, but that connector was nonexistent. Without a schematic, I wasn't confident other components necessary to the operation of the camera weren't also missing from that board, so I never inquired any further. Instead, I just replaced my entire 2012 Si with the 2014:vtec:

Back