Upgrade speakers and amp

Shawn Green

So this is what I have going on. I Would like to use the factory head unit as well as the wiring on my 2013 Honda Civic Ex. I have a Db drive 5 channel Amplifier two components kits Renegade 6.5 two way speakers for doors and deck as well as four 1in tweeter and a box with two Rockford Disagree 12in p1. I have read several different theoriesand ways to hook it all together. I am really confused about the harnesses. Crutchfield told me today that there wasn't a harness that would allow me to connect through the factory wiring. I have read several post stating otherwise. I am wondering where the factory 360 watt amp is so I can connect to it. I could use a little direction on turning the right connections into Rca to make life easier. Please help a brother out!

What are you using the aftermarket amp on? Just an aftermarket sub? What are you using the stock amp on? @Hillstones @Bulkybear or others may be of some help. I'm not sure what you're exactly trying to do. The factory amp is under the dash. Lean down into the footwell and look up a bit.

So this is what I have going on. I Would like to use the factory head unit as well as the wiring on my 2013 Honda Civic Ex. I have a Db drive 5 channel Amplifier two components kits Renegade 6.5 two way speakers for doors and deck as well as four 1in tweeter and a box with two Rockford Disagree 12in p1. I have read several different theoriesand ways to hook it all together. I am really confused about the harnesses. Crutchfield told me today that there wasn't a harness that would allow me to connect through the factory wiring. I have read several post stating otherwise. I am wondering where the factory 360 watt amp is so I can connect to it. I could use a little direction on turning the right connections into Rca to make life easier. Please help a brother out!
Okay my plan is to change out all 6 speakers plus the 12's I was wanting to use the factory wireing and bit he the shops I went to said I needed a Hi Low converter I was going to come out of the factory amp. Plus it will be boosting my signal. I have 4 one inch tweeters,(so Im wanting to add 2 additional speakers) 4 six & a half's for door and deck as well as the 2 twelve's. Shouldn't be too much trouble running them I have crossovers for both sets. I don't know if I'm missin something or maybe misunderstood something. I'm just trying to make it as organized and easy as possible before I start taking the car apart. Thanks again for trying to help me out.

I have read your posts in my thread. Using the factory amp will not improve sound. The shops you went to recommended an LOC after the amp, which is a mistake. The amp is what makes the sound so awful in the Civic and other Hondas. It has built-in equalization that destroys the sound. The non-premium stereo actually sounds better without the amp. Since you have read my thread, you know what I did. If you insist on using your Db amp which does not accept differential balanced inputs, you need to obtain a converter that will allow your amp to work with differential balanced inputs. A line out converter does not do that. You probably need this line driver to allow the differential balanced outputs to connect to your amp that does not automatically accept the differential balanced signal from the Honda head unit. Do some research on it. The Honda premium head unit has 5 output channels, front L/R, rear L/R, and subwoofer.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22635_Rockford-Fosgate-RF-BLD.html

Back